Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #81

This is good stuff. Boss is at the Jayco Conference this week.. sending these to him.

John
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #82

I think every trailer should have a real bumper that could support 200 lbs of weight. Most people carry their bikes on a rack attached to the rear. It is a shame each one of us has to have someone weld reinforcements to a brand new trailer frame jsut to carry bikes.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslarson View Post
I think every trailer should have a real bumper that could support 200 lbs of weight. Most people carry their bikes on a rack attached to the rear. It is a shame each one of us has to have someone weld reinforcements to a brand new trailer frame jsut to carry bikes.
Ding Ding Ding....... We have a winner!!!!!

I agree with this 100%!!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #84

I just hung my spare on the back bumper so I wouldn't have to crawl around on the ground if I need it. Is there a problem with the weight bearing limit of the bumper on my Eagle?
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
I just hung my spare on the back bumper so I wouldn't have to crawl around on the ground if I need it. Is there a problem with the weight bearing limit of the bumper on my Eagle?
The bumper is not only thin but it is only spot welded to the frame. I really don't think it will support much weight for long as it comes from the factory. It needs more support in my opinion.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #86
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Not sure about the Eagle bumper but on my Jayflight the spare came from the factory hung from the bumper and its been there for 4 years now with no issues....
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #87

Our TT is down in Phoenix, but as soon as we get down there I'll see if it needs beefing up. If there's a weak point our bad road at home will test it. So best secure it before we come home next April.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Not sure about the Eagle bumper but on my Jayflight the spare came from the factory hung from the bumper and its been there for 4 years now with no issues....
The bumper on my X23B hybrid is pretty flimsy, only good for storing my sewer hose......
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #89

Use stronger plywood in dinette bench seats/ storage access. Ours have support on only 3 sides of the opening, and the 3/8" plywood flexes and nearly collapses under the weight of an average adult.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsev View Post
Use stronger plywood in dinette bench seats/ storage access. Ours have support on only 3 sides of the opening, and the 3/8" plywood flexes and nearly collapses under the weight of an average adult.
Wow! You have 3/8" plywood??? Our plywood was so thin it only had one side!
I beefed our up to 1/2" and added supports.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Wow! You have 3/8" plywood??? Our plywood was so thin it only had one side!
I beefed our up to 1/2" and added supports.
We're adding another piece of 3/8" (on top of the original piece) that covers the full bench length.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #92
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Make the doors for outside storage at least as big as the storage area. It is tough getting things into the storage area through the tiny doors. How about an inspection of each trailer at the factor? I am sure they didn't make a dime on our trailer because of sloppy work at the factory that had to be fixed at the dealers. Our trailer was in for warranty work so many times for so many different things and most of the items could have been avoided with a slower production line and a real inspection. It seems that currently if they leave the factory with all four wheels turning it is ready for sale.
The door on my rear storage is not tall enough, hard to get things in. I notice the later models 28/26BH have a much larger door there now, wish mine had it.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #93

We really like our 2013 Eagle 284BHS. A few fixes/changes would be nice like others have said...
1) Lights inside the cargo areas, I think they added them for the 2014 but I can't find any wires to tap into to add them myself.
2) Vent Fan in the front bedroom like they have in the bathroom, or at least the wires to add our own.
3) Make the night stands have a top that opens for more storage or laundry use.
4) Better outside speakers
5) Change the tub to a shower enclosure with a door so we don't end up with water on the floor each time we take a shower. Who really take a bath in an RV?
6) AC duct to the lower bunk, gets too hot in there, just not enough circulation without adding a fan.
7) A better design of the pullout tray/bike rack on the back. Have not found a way to put 4 bikes on it securely. Tired of putting a couple inside the trailer when traveling.
Overall we have had good luck with ours and look forward to many years of the family having fun.

DW,DS,DD and Riley (Goldendoodle)
dan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:18 PM   #94

Already been said but definitely LED lighting, inside and out. Have a Greyhawk 31SS and one of the things I really struggle with is putting in the rear slide transit bar, the space is really tight and it's hard to get one hand in there let alone two. Would be nice to see someone design a slide transit bar that could easily be placed with one hand.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #95

Greyhawk 3100SS. Either a bumper that will store the sewer hose or if possible, enlarge the built in hose storage so it will actually hold a real hose with standard fittings.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:51 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Keilman View Post
Greyhawk 3100SS. Either a bumper that will store the sewer hose or if possible, enlarge the built in hose storage so it will actually hold a real hose with standard fittings.
X2. Don't you wonder how many times that's been given as feedback?
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #97

Been a few years since this thread has seen the light of day but instead of starting yet another complaint thread, I thought I would just "pile on" to this one.

I actually have very few complaints about our 2017 Jayco 330RSTS, but choosing the one "pet peeve" that seems to irritate me the most is how Jayco chose to pre plumb the washer hookups in our TT.

A month or so after we took delivery of our TT, we noticed that the Girard Tankless water heater was turning on when we flushed the toilet. WTH??? Long story short, this line, when is left to just lie there (no washer) will over time, tend to collect any and all air in the lines which in turn will cause enough fluctuation of the water in the heater when a faucet/toilet is used, that it thinks someone turned on the heater, even if it's cold water.

In order to bleed these lines, or winterize/flush them, you have to remove everything from that side of the pass thru storage, remove the fasteners holding the lines to the ceiling of the front pass thru, then push the drain pipe and one of the water lines as far over as possible while carefully wiggling the other line/shutoff valve thru the hole they pass thru. Since they go up about a foot into this void behind the closet wall, I haven't found any other way to access the shutoff valves. Once both are carefully brought down into the pass thru, then I have to twist each line about 45 degrees to attach a 10' hose to them so I can bleed them outside the pass thru. Then, not wanting them hanging down into the storage area and twisted like that, you have to again carefully feed them back up into the hole behind the closet wall and re-attach them to the ceiling.

Going to have to do something different with these lines because whoever the engineer was that designed this setup obviously never had any intentions of actually USING it.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #98

On our 2017, 26BH, the queen mattress was cheap junk, and the foam used in the bunks was pitiful. The bunk foam was compressed in the middle after about 8 nights of being slept on by a 155 pound person.

Instead of insulting me with substandard junk, I'd be much happier if they didn't provide mattresses, and passed the savings on to me. Or increase their quality control with the money they saved.

And, the lights in the 26BH are horrible. I replaced most of them with much better units for not much money. Mine weren't on the recall list, but they got very hot...didn't trust them.

And, the table in the Jay Flight 26BH is awful. They use this thing in a lot of their trailers. You have to lower it every time you tow, and it's very difficult to lower. And, when it's up, it's wobbly.

My primary suggestion would be that someone at Jayco actually USE their products for a few weeks, and note where the problems lie. Because some of them are pretty darned obvious.

Oh, and I have to mention the WFCO charger converter that fails to go into bulk mode for battery charging. I immediately took mine out and threw it away. Junk.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #99

I agree Siamese. Also, I would like it if they ditched the cruddy laminated/composite flooring. They should make them all with 5/8 plywood (minimum). The weight savings is not at all worth the trade in durability and structural integrity.

2" foam for the laminated walls, friction hinge entry doors on every unit, and 1" slam-latch exterior storage doors with magnetic holders would also be nice. I would also like the option of a "mountain package" with shocks and Morryde equalizers, all of their units should use wet bolts and brass sleeves on the leaf springs. And I would also suggest better foam and materials for the sofas, chairs, and dinette cushions. They disintegrate way too soon.

And finally, forget the cheese-bo, useless bath fan, Man! MaxAir or Fantastic Fans, already!! Even a Vortex would be a big improvement.

And yes, I would pay more for these things. If Jayco stays the same, I likely will go to another brand like Northwoods or Outdoors RV.for our next unit. They come with these and many other upgrades and a host of better build elements. I would be more likely to stay with Jayco if they started offering a better product. I have already spent a lot of money upgrading and repairing our unit, and I am not done. The money I am spending could have gone towards another brand that comes with these improvements, and I would be spending more time enjoying the camper rather than making it what Jayco could have made it to be. If I had it to do over again, I would have gone for a Nash or a Creekside over the Jay Feather or a Jay Flight (very close in price).

Compared to White Hawks, the pricing is more but not that much more for an Arctic Fox Classic or Timber Ridge (Titanium package), about the same as a White Hawk, and some models are close to an Eagle in pricing. At this point, I would go for a Timber Ridge or Blackstone, or Arctic Fox Silver Edition over an Eagle - very close in pricing, perhaps a bit more than the Eagle here and there (depending on the trim), but well worth it in the long run.

Hey, this is kind of fun! What - No one's listening! Oh well.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #100

Thor?
'14 Denali XL