Originally Posted by TCNASHVILLE
My question is that every time I hook it up, it "sparks". This makes me nervous thinking sometime the battery might explode or something. Am I correct in thinking a cut-off will eliminate this?, or is the little spark not enough to do any harm. Thanks
The battery cutoff switch will eliminate the spark when connecting and disconnecting the battery. My converter fan immediately comes on (then shuts off) when I connect a battery as part of the converters power-up / self-check process.....I (used to) get a spark as well. I now have a disconnect.
Speaking as one who watched a car battery blow-up in a mechanics face as he connected a battery ( I was 10' away)...not only will the explosion scare the crap out you...but rinsing a mans face and eyes out for 30 min after being sprayed with battery acid wondering if he'll ever see again - is not an afternoon you'll forget.
Like you....I'm overly cautious about connecting a battery.