Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #11
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
A set of lithium batteries have lasted me from April through November for each of the past two seasons.

Bauer recommends the use of lithium batteries on this system.
Thanks for the info. Change every six months and there should be no issues

2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 Long Bed Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)
196? Shasta 16ft

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:01 AM   #12
I am on my third Bauer electronic door lock with problems. Takes me 3/4 times to get in. Called customer service they want me to put in a fresh set of Energizer alkaline battery's ok fine that's fair. Still not working. Called Bauer they tell me "what's the problem its working"? What! really three or four times to get in is working. The real problem is I love it when it works.

Peter in Seattle WA.

PETERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:00 AM   #13
Peter, I have the same locking mechanism as well. I also got locked inside the unit on one of our first trips when the locking mechanism cylinder broke and got stuck. Had to literally take the door apart from the inside to get out. Wife got scared at that point. Bauer had a problem with a shipment of locks but I think that has been remedied. One problem I continue to have which I thought was low batteries was not. I measured the voltage on the batteries and they were fine. What was happening is somehow, the unit was losing its code to unlock. I program my own code in. What I found out was I could re-program the unit, and it works fine, until the next time. Does not happen often as we camp every month. Maybe every 6 months or so this would happen. I just reprogram on the spot, and move on. I, like you, love the unit when it works. I do keep a key on me, just in case. Have not gotten locked in any more.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote