Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I heard yesterday that of the 50 states, Florida is the only one without snow!
I believe it was feb 2010, maybe 2011, that it was the first time in a long time that all 50 had snow. I only remember because I was in Orlando with night time lows in the 20*. I was there for work, but probably hampered a lot of Disney vacations.
__________________

__________________
2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 3,821
Saw on the news this morning that on this day in 1985, San Antonio had 13.5" of snow on the ground!! Today's high will be 80 or better!
__________________

__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Denver
Posts: 784
Story in our paper about the weird weather around here lately. Calling it the pineapple express, coming in straight out of Hawaii.

76 inches of snow down at one of our closer in Ski resorts. They actually had to evacuate skiers out of the resort the other day.
__________________
2016 27BHS Elite
2012 F-150 EcoBoost / Max Tow
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dale Hollow Lake Tn/Ky
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Story in our paper about the weird weather around here lately. Calling it the pineapple express, coming in straight out of Hawaii.

76 inches of snow down at one of our closer in Ski resorts. They actually had to evacuate skiers out of the resort the other day.
Several years ago DW and I flew to Colorado to ski. Upon arrival we found out that the interstate going into the mountains was closed at the pass. We rented a small SUV and on good faith headed toward Winter Park. Made it with only short delay and all was good. Real bummer to escape the Midwest winter for a week of skiing and then get SNOWED OUT! A couple years later we were flying to St Thomas in the US Virgin islands and after making it to the airport were confronted with news that our connecting flight was cancelled as were 99% of all flights that AM. We were fortunate again that a very understanding airline employee was able to rebook us on one of the last flights out and got to the island only 2 hours late. Again a bummer and one of the reasons I no longer like to fly and no longer live in the upper Midwest.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Denver
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Several years ago DW and I flew to Colorado to ski. Upon arrival we found out that the interstate going into the mountains was closed at the pass. We rented a small SUV and on good faith headed toward Winter Park. Made it with only short delay and all was good. Real bummer to escape the Midwest winter for a week of skiing and then get SNOWED OUT! A couple years later we were flying to St Thomas in the US Virgin islands and after making it to the airport were confronted with news that our connecting flight was cancelled as were 99% of all flights that AM. We were fortunate again that a very understanding airline employee was able to rebook us on one of the last flights out and got to the island only 2 hours late. Again a bummer and one of the reasons I no longer like to fly and no longer live in the upper Midwest.
Not a big fan of flying commercial anymore either. I gave up my pilots license shortly after my daughter was born (expensive hobby had to go). The airport scene is just too stressful.

I've been stuck on that stretch of i-70 more times than I can count They have closed it multiple times in the last week... probably will again today at some point. Half the state DOT workers are on Avalanche duty right now.
__________________
2016 27BHS Elite
2012 F-150 EcoBoost / Max Tow
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Wittmann
Posts: 85
Cold Snap 2

Cold snap low 70s Phoenix metro headed to Quartsite AZ, one of the largest flea markets in North America!Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
Sunset Mtn..jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:45 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
RPreeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NE Colorado
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Not a big fan of flying commercial anymore either. I gave up my pilots license shortly after my daughter was born (expensive hobby had to go). The airport scene is just too stressful.

I've been stuck on that stretch of i-70 more times than I can count They have closed it multiple times in the last week... probably will again today at some point. Half the state DOT workers are on Avalanche duty right now.
I-70 was just closed overnight due to a major avalanche that partially buried a semi.
__________________

__________________
Rick



2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.