Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #51
Originally Posted by culleokapapa View Post
I have sprint it works great at home and very well on the road. I base it on what works best at home.
That certainly was not my experience with Virgin Mobile, which uses the Sprint network. In town, I go fair reception outdoors; only one bar indoors if I was near a window (my home has aluminum siding). On the road, reception was spotty at best. After switching to Verizon, I get four or five bars anywhere in the house and five bars pretty much anywhere outdoors, even when on the road as long as I'm on a paved road (and many unpaved ones).

Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:19 PM   #52
Originally Posted by us71na View Post
When I need a hot spot I use my Samsung smart phone and don't have to pay any extra fees unless I exceed my data allowance. No need to carry around an extra device. The FCC says you don't have to have the Verizon or AT&T approved plans to use your own data on your phone as a hotspot. You probably will have to use third party software though.
I use my Verizon iPhone as a hotspot all the time. No extra fee to do this.

2016 Jay Flight 38FDDS
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:43 PM   #53
We have had Verizon for over 30 years (I still have the hard case phone). When my wife worked, she had a Sprint phone that she was required to carry. There were times she had absolutely no service on her Sprint phone but always had service with Verizon.

We just picked up a jet pack to use when traveling. We discussed using the Samsung as a hot spot but decided against it because the phone gets too darn hot.

Verizon may be more expensive but in the long run know we will have service just about everywhere we will go - there have been a few places that there was absolutely no service (middle of nowhere Utah [I-70] and West Virginia Turnpike).
Dennis & Donna Dohme
2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2008 F450
USMC Veterans
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:14 PM   #54
Have been testing my Straight Talk hotspot (Verizon carrier) and have found it to work as good or better than my Verizon hotspot. Straight Talk is much easier to go month to month with and cheaper. Just dropped Verizon.
2015 Greyhawk 29MV
Honda CRV toad with Blue Ox baseplate
Ready Brute Elite towbar with braking system
Hughes autoformer
TST 507 Flowthru TPMS
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:57 AM   #55
Moving from T-Mobile to Verizon next week. Will actually be $10 less a month then my current plan with 1gb more data. Probably would have stayed with T-Mobile if had unlimited roaming as in past, but 50mb a month now isn't enough for anything (13 years with T-Mobile). ..

Larry J

LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote