Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #11
Originally Posted by mtkeg15 View Post
Best time of the year is when you go in with the attitude you don't really need "it". But seriously, for me - it was late August/early September. They were begining to Winterize and were already conceeding that their inventory was not moving again till spring.
I agree. We bought ours the 2nd week of Sept. When we bought our used 2006 Jayco, my wife & I had a price "in mind". And, we stuck to our guns. We didn't budge. After 30 minutes of back and forth at my local RV dealer, my wife pulled a piece of blank paper out of her purse, wrote down our name, tele number, our "firm" price, and we both walked out. Two days later, the RV Sales Rep's MGR called us at home - to match the price my wife wrote down. Regardless of time of year, stick to your guns and if needed, walk away. If you are offering far market value (even for a used RV/TT), stick to your guns. And, they most often call you back as well. And if they don't call you back, that RV/TT wasn't for you.

Worked for us....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
There's several things to consider IMHO on the best time to buy. I agree the end of season is the best if you are content with a floor model or dealer stock that meets all your criteria for the best deals. I could not find a floor model with the right configuration and options that I wanted at the time I was ready to buy. Jayco has been offering the premier interior options free (incentive) for all new ordered Eagle 5'ers with the corian tops, power vents, upgraded bedding and recessed lighting. That was $2500.00 which may still be a free option told. I was told by my local dealer this was only through Sept. at the time I was shopping around. Turns out he lied, as it was still availble in Oct. so take what the salesmen tells you in the pressure sales pitch with a grain of salt and check around on the incentives or price increases as others before me eluded to.

Another thing is if you have a trade or if your going into the deal with no strings. Dealers like clean new deals so they might work better with pricing based on that. I was in the middle at the time and went with RVdirect for my 2011 365BHS. They at the time had pricing at 75% of the other dealers on average and the leftovers at variuos dealers did not have all the same interior options that we wanted. They were going to take my trade in at the time of the contract and were fair on the offer. I sold it outright while the new unit was being built and came out better than the orginal deal so I lucked out.

I picked up my new unit last weekend at the Albany location and have to say it was very smooth and the guys in the yard went the extra mile to get me on my way safely. They provided me with what I needed without nickle and diming you as some of these guys can and talked me out of some optional equipment purchases that they said were not worth their salt. Depending on where you are they will delvier the unit to you as well.

Car's or RV's I seem to always find Aug-Sept as the best time to hit deals since the next years production is hitting and last quarter sales number pushes are in effect. You usually find good plant incentives too since they want to keep assembly lines moving and get new units sold in a slower period of sales.

If you do order a new unit bank on 8-10 weeks until you get it espcially in the winter months since there will be weather dealys with shipping. Also the larger the dealer the better the price sometimes since they go on volume deals with manufactures and they need to hit those numbers to keep the contract prices. And like mtkeg15 said when you don't need it and you can walk away from the dealer. Keep your heart out of it, you loose all your leverage.

3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #13
I just bought a 2009 37RLQS. It was still a new rig but due to economy it had not sold yet. We got it for $25,000 off sticker. Id go online and try to find one there that is a couple years old sttting on the lot never sold and really get a deal! Good luck!
av8arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #14
I purchased both my RV's at the show in Boston. No better way to compare features and cost of different models in such a small area. I think I got good deals both times and if/when I upgrade again I will most likely take the same approach

yorkgm is offline   Reply With Quote