Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #1

big problem with slide

we are sitting here on a sunday something fell behind slide mechanism and now it is not working got the object out but only one ene of the slide will move not sure if we are going to get it working sighhhh
Phar0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #2

thank goodness for techi guys, found a few plugs diconnected , reconnected now and will be on our way shortly.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Site Team

Good news. I can`t think of an easier fix then disconnected plugs! Sure beats something broken.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #4

Lesson learned....not to hang anything on the wall beside a slide out. Had a metal hanger with a small quilted hanging which fell between the wall and sled and was not noticed till we tried to bring the slide in and it would not work. Had to take out the drawers and wall board under sink to get at the obstruction, then found unplugged cord, plugged it in and all was well. Thank God because the metal hanger could have done some real damage. Speaking of damage...our next campground had a lot of trees and one caught the corner of our electric awning and damaged it. Thank goodness for duct tape! That one will have to be an insurance claim we are thinking. But all in all our first real trip down to the Dells and over to the Black Hills and home to Manitoba went great! We even got up to 13 mpg. A very pleasant surprise
Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #5

We had our slide jam on our first weekend out. With gentle pressure we were able to work with the mechanism and pull it in. We went to the dealership as it is under warranty and they said that that's what they would have told us to do... I was nervous about getting a slide because of these very issues. But it seems that they fixed it... I'm glad you got your going . Where did you camp in the Dells?

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #6

We camped in the KOA at the Dells, it was pretty good, treed, a pool and close to the activities. They also had bags of dirt with hidden minerals you could buy for the kids to pan in a wooden contraption outside the main building which was a lot of fun for them.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #7

We got ready to load up the day before our trip and our slide would not go out. It had just been run in and out the day before with no problems. Broke out the manual and it said you could put a wrench on the end and crank it in and out manually. After checking all electrical components I climbed underneath and still could not find where to crank from. Finally had to hook up and go to dealer 60 miles away. Luckily this happened at home and not out in a campground. Anyway, found out access panel had to be removed to access bolt drive to turn manually. Guess where this was located? Underneath the center of the trailer and a whole section of panel insulation had to be taken down. They rapped on the electrical drive a couple times with a hammer and the slide worked fine. Never could find anything wrong and that is what scares me. I would have rather found something wrong and fixed it. Trip did go ok and slide has worked since. At least I now know where to get at the bolt to turn it manually if necessary. Can not imagine what this would have cost on the open road. Our unit is almost two years old now and our dealer did not charge us a cent. Could not believe that. His last words were go camping and have fun. If anyone is ever in the Albany, Georgia area, I would highly recommend Team RV.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #8

Geeesch - I know how your story really went.... You probably had it all laying out on the concrete slab trying to figure it out then the tech guy says wiggle the plug haha...

Probably took you two hours to get it all assembled again hehe... Hope you at least found how the manual crank works...

Glad you happy camper once again...
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #9

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. Have had the slide stop working for the third time. Once in the campground and this last time at home before we loaded up. Had to drop the panel down again and get out the crank. Turn it about half a revolution and then it started working again. Back to the dealer and left it there. Still two months left on two year warranty. After they kept it a week and ran the room in and out with no problems, we picked it back up. However, this time I called Jayco and told them I was getting tired of crawling under the unit to get the slide to work. They said no problem, ordered me a new actuator and motor and I'm waiting for it to come in and the dealer will install at no charge. I think this is one of the Lipert slide systems which there has been some problems with. Anyway, they are replacing it free of charge if any of you are having this problem.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
Well, I knew it was too good to be true. Have had the slide stop working for the third time. Once in the campground and this last time at home before we loaded up. Had to drop the panel down again and get out the crank. Turn it about half a revolution and then it started working again. Back to the dealer and left it there. Still two months left on two year warranty. After they kept it a week and ran the room in and out with no problems, we picked it back up. However, this time I called Jayco and told them I was getting tired of crawling under the unit to get the slide to work. They said no problem, ordered me a new actuator and motor and I'm waiting for it to come in and the dealer will install at no charge. I think this is one of the Lipert slide systems which there has been some problems with. Anyway, they are replacing it free of charge if any of you are having this problem.
Glad to hear Jayco and your dealer are going to take care of it.

BTW, how can one tell if they have a Lipert slide system on their TT? I own a X23B model.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote