Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
Around here (Hampton Roads) only desperate beach addicts will brave the traffic in VA Beach...the rest of us go anywhere else But that beach campsite does look so nice. And that little 17z does look tiny next to that 5er!!! Imagine our 19h would look just that small, too!

Jim and Lydia
2006 Jayco X19H
1993 Ford F-150
lfcjasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
When we park the 26RLS in that spot it probably won't look much bigger. lol

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS - 2013 1500 Ram Big Horn
2013 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH - 2010 V8 Tundra

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
Hello Campdog,
I hope that cm1159ps doesn't mind drifting off his subject on his post,,,,
Well I am kind'a of a history nut, And that part of this country is packed full of it. In typing this, as a matter of fact, that whole Eastern sea board is packed full of our Country's history in one way or the other. I wanted to stop in the the Mountains in Virgina near Richmond to visit some of the sites on our Civil war especially Appomattox Court House where the surrender took place and heard one of the two best orientations I have ever heard, on any of the national history sites, from the park ranger there, stayed at the KOA in ???? can not remember. Then on to the Blue Ridge Parkway & the Shenandoah Valley area. Then a bee line to Virgina Beach where we has a reservation at the HUGH Holiday Trav-L-Park campground there on General Booth Blvd.. Used that as a base for, Yorktown,Williamsburg,Jamestown, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake Bay, Colonial Parkway, Skyline Drive, and a whole lot more ??
Then down to North Carolina the outer banks at the Camp Hatteras Campground with the ocean kick back scene, and the main stop back up to Kill Devil Hill/Wright Brothers N.Memorial. Then turn Back West to home.

We pulled a '05 19rbs Jayco just my better half and I.
neverenoftackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
We had the 17Z for exactly 1 year. We loved that camper but found that we got tired very quickly of loading and unloading during a camping trip since the camper maximum load was so small. We like to leave our stuff (clothes, pots, pans, toiletries, linens, etc.) but found that even taking the bare essentials, we quickly approached the maximum weight limit. So, we traded exactly one year after it's purchase for the Jay Flight 26RKS with bunk option and could not be happier!!! We can leave all of our stuff and not spend precious weekend camping hours loading and unloading all of our things. While we all miss that little 17Z, we are definitely more comfortable in our new home. We get your "bittersweet moment". Great story about your buyer and we wish you many happy camping days at the ocean!

campingdog is offline   Reply With Quote