Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #11
Mike, those tank sensors don't work for long, and I agree with tafische, just look down the hole. I haven't bought a tank tornado yet, but I've been looking into getting one. Right now I just have a cheap "wand" that was bought at the local wally world RV section. Everytime I dump my black tank, just hook it up to the ol garden hose and run it up and down the toilet into the tank...a manual tank tornado. It does seem to help, so I'm probably gonna break down and get the tornado soon.

2001 Suburban 1500 4x4
2006 Jayco Jayflight 31 BHS

Fair winds and happy trails...
GKopecky1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
Wait a few more camping days. Your grey water sensor might goop up, too. I got a "Page Not Found" on that prior URL, but try this one: http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40126-To...owViewpoints=1 The reviews aren't too hot. I'll stick with the wand down the toi-toi. Well, actually, I just gave mine to a guy in some RV park. Got tired of cleaning it out only to have the sensor gum up in a couple of days. I followed somebody's advice to attack the problem with a flashlight and an eyeball down trap. Keep in mind, these sensors are like our politicians - They sound great but don't perform.

'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
I think the bad reviews on the tank tornado are caused by folks that don't put a pressure regulator on the hose. I have a dedicated regulator I use so I don't mix it with my fresh water one for obvious reasons.

So far so good. It was an easy install. Kind of un-nerving putting a hole in my new tank - but I am very happy I did it. I used a cheap hole saw from Harbor Freight, put some silicone to seal it and the screws and away it went. Only problem I have had is the hose came off last camping trip and I just had to add a little hose clap and I am as good as new. So much easier than hauling a wand inside.

Only thing is - don't forget to blow out the hose when you winterize!

2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote