Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #11
Bottle jacks don't have a very big base. So go short and block it. they are to easy to tip if extended all the way, don't ask me how I know.

rabalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:47 PM   #12
I bought a Big Red bottle jack, 12 ton I think is the capacity. I use blocks to get the jack just up to the frame. It worked well. I also have a 2 ton bottle jack, but it struggled even under a single axle so I opted for more capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #13
For me I have decided if I am on the side of the road I want a floor jack to get it under the thing and jacked up as quick as I can... I bought a 3 ton racing jack from harbor freight that's aluminum frame. I have a 20 volt dewalt 1/2 inch impact with 400 ft pounds of torque and impact socket on it for the lugnuts ... for me less time on the side of the road means less chance of getting plowed by a car or semi and that's worth a lot to me
2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:29 PM   #14
I purchased a 12-ton 2-stage Torin Jack from Amazon and it failed! I was using it on a light truck and it collapsed! Good thing I was using jack stands. I returned it with a bad review. I ended up getting a new/other FORD 6-ton 2-stage from Ebay. It came with a mount bracket and handle kit. MUCH better quality!
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #15
I have a 6t bottlejack from Harbor Freight. It fits (standing up) in a Homer toolbox from Home Depot, along with some 2x8's to use as blocking. I think there is 4 or 5 2x8's the length of both of the two seen on top, with a 45* cut at one end in the long ones to drive the good tire up on.

Threw a reflective vest that work handed out this last safety kick off in there and also have a paint suit (not seen, keeps jack in place) to wear on if needed.

I have these led safety puck light flares for the just in case. Bought mine at Autozone on sale for $15, worth it Imo. Also carry a collapsible cone with an led light in it that work gave us.

Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote