Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #1

Bumper Mount BBQ For White Hawk

My parents have the Jay Flight with the optional RVQ. I like it and have had no problems cooking with it this year. I'm not thrilled with the thin metal exterior and I feel the materials won't last after a few years but so far so good.

My brother has the White Hawk but he uses the Coleman Roadtrip which he secretly despises. My sister-in-law wants to get him a bumper mount grill so I'm looking for help.

It looks like we can get the bumper mount RVQ for around $200 or so according to the options on the Jayco website. Does this grill stay attached to the bumper while traveling or do we have to remove it?

I use a Weber 100 at home and love it. I'd rather she get him the Weber and mod it to work with the quick connect LP. Is there a way to mount it to the bumper?

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #2

Does anyone have the optional grill that comes with the White Hawk? Does the grill stay on the bumper in transit?

Old 11-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #3

The grill and the extension bracket are removed when traveling. There is a mounting btacket that stays attached to the bumper. Check to see if your TT has a low pressure gas liee run to the rear bumper where you plan to use the grill. If not, I would opt to go with a Webber portable thay can ne connecyed to a portavle tank.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #4

Wondering why he despises the coleman roadtrip. Have had mine now for 4 or 5 years and love it. Does a very good job with multipule grilling and cooking tasks and stores easily. I can locate it where ever is easiest on the campsite. Have found that the small green tanks will last several days and longer if you refill your own. Just don't see the advantage to a bumper mounted grill and certainly don't like the idea of doing my cooking at the back of the RV when the rest of my group is out by the campfire or picnic table. I have a low pressure connection on the back of my White Hawk and have no plans on using it. Would not order it [and didn't order the bumper grill] if it hadn't come standard on my White Hawk.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Wondering why he despises the coleman roadtrip. Have had mine now for 4 or 5 years and love it. Does a very good job with multipule grilling and cooking tasks and stores easily. I can locate it where ever is easiest on the campsite. Have found that the small green tanks will last several days and longer if you refill your own. Just don't see the advantage to a bumper mounted grill and certainly don't like the idea of doing my cooking at the back of the RV when the rest of my group is out by the campfire or picnic table. I have a low pressure connection on the back of my White Hawk and have no plans on using it. Would not order it [and didn't order the bumper grill] if it hadn't come standard on my White Hawk.
The lid doesn't give you much room to put a larger item. Also not a fan of the griddle like sections on the grate.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm11599ps View Post
The lid doesn't give you much room to put a larger item. Also not a fan of the griddle like sections on the grate.
I think you'll find that most of the bumper mounted grills don't have larger grill tops. The roadtrip has removable grill sections that offer both grill and griddle. I cook for the wife and I mostly but the roadtrip can handle family get to gethers also. If you're going a Tgiving feast, its probably not the answer but bumper mounted won't change that.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote