Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #1

Bungalow's??

My parents just ordered their 2016 Bungalow 40FSDS. I was curious if anyone had any information about them. I have searched Jayco's website, watched numerous videos, and check everywhere I could think. But, I have yet to hear from someone who has owed one. With the "Thermal Package", does it really help? What about thermal pane windows? They have both options added. In fact, the 2nd AC and the King bed are the only options they did not get. Any info helps. Thanks
jdenbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #2

My first thought is that the Bungalow is a pretty big unit to have not added a 2nd a/c. I'd be worried the single couldn't keep up.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #3

They live on the Oregon coast. The AC will rarely be used. The wind is always blowing in the summer time, so opening a few windows is as much AC as they will need. Thank you for the response.
jdenbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:46 PM   #4

Unless they will be occupying that park model during the winter, the thermal panes won't do much. Those really"shine" when it's 25 degrees outside, but you are keeping it at 70 degrees inside. The thermal panes will reduce the condensation
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #5

2018 Jayco Bungalow 40RLTS

Hello, everyone!

I am looking into getting a Bungalow but would like to permanently station it on property I own. I would like it not to have holding tanks but a way to connect directly to my septic system. I would also like to have a residential flush toilet. Anyone know if the factory will accommodate?

Thanks in advance!!
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:39 AM   #6

Does anyone know if they are meant to keep on a site or can they be used like a travel trailer.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Does anyone know if they are meant to keep on a site or can they be used like a travel trailer.
IMO, they are meant to be moved infrequently.

I delivered a couple of them (one to Florida) and don't recall a problem towing them. However, at that point they were the heaviest new 'TT' I ever towed and I do recall that it hurt my mpg.

I remember, too, that the factory left the ceiling lights on for one of the Bungalows. So on the road when it was dark, folks in cars and on the street would stare in the sliding glass doors as it went by to see what was inside.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazerandu View Post
Hello, everyone!

I am looking into getting a Bungalow but would like to permanently station it on property I own. I would like it not to have holding tanks but a way to connect directly to my septic system. I would also like to have a residential flush toilet. Anyone know if the factory will accommodate?

Thanks in advance!!
I don't think the factory would accommodate that, but the dealer might - at least removing the holding tanks and plumbing it to one sewer line. Some Bungalows, like ours, have 4 holding tanks (2 grey and 2 black), so it could be expensive to have it done. The bungalows come with Porcelain toilets, so replacing with a residential toilet would not be an issue, probably not something the factory would do though.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
The dealership we purchased ours from calls the Bungalows Destination Trailers and all the sales folks and service folk call them Park Models. They aren't really intended to be towed like a normal Travel Trailer, but they are Travel Trailers.

They are tall, long, and heavy. According to the documentation, ours is 40' 2" long, 12' 6" tall and weighs close to 13,000 lbs fully loaded. Our dealer delivered ours to our seasonal site with a Dodge 3500 Cummins with Allison transmission and DRW. The driver towed it with ease from the dealership. I'm not sure I want to tow it all over the country or just for the weekend.

Ours has 4 slides. With the wheels on the ground, the camper is very bouncy. Even using Bal X-Chocks, the camper bounced every time someone got out of bed, off the sofa, etc., etc. Even raised off the wheels, the camper still bounces a little when someone moves around on a bunk bed (all the bunk beds in our Bunk House model are on slides).

If we even had a truck that could tow it, I wouldn't want to tow it often. If we did, I'd only go for long week long or longer trips. I think it would be a hassle for weekend trips.

We love our Bungalow. We like it better than true park models, in terms of space. We are a family of 4, with 2 teens and have plenty of room with the bunk house model, it sleeps 6 comfortably in the bunk house.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:17 PM   #10

Where we are staying for the summer, some friends had a new Bungalow delivered and the dealer took out the black tank and plumed it right in to sewer. Some dealers call it a destination trailer but it is a travel trailer. Jayco also makes destination trailers, at least the last time I looked. Dual pane windows I can't say anything about that. We have the thermal package and I think that it helps out in keeping the floor warm.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:25 AM   #11

I have a Jay Flight 38FDDS which is a cross between a TT and a destination trailer. At 41' long (bumper to hitch), I would not want to tow it. Amenities like a residential fridge and 10 gallon water heater and a big glass slider are nice. We have it at a seasonal site on Cape Cod. We are wrapping up our second season and couldn't be happier. It has not moved since delivered in April 2016. To mitigate the bounce on such a long rig, I have 4 olympian jack stands (amazon) running along the frame rails on each side in addition to the 4 corner scissor jacks and jack stand for a total of 13 stands (plus the 4 wheels). I get very little bounce since adding the stands.