Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #1

CAMCO- poor customer service

I purchased these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

I read about using the blocks for leveling rather than blocks of wood and thought it would be cleaner, lighter and neater to have this product. I am new to owning a TT. We purchased these as well as many other things you purchase when owning a new trailer. My wife and I were unpacking and putting away all the new items including this product. The cardboard show in the picture of the product was removed and discarded, did not notice any instructions.

So we went on a trip, needed to be leveled, pulled out the bag of blocks, no instructions. So we put 1 under each tire on one side of the trailer. After 3 days of camping the blocks were crushed. I figured I must have done something wrong and told this to Camco. They did some research and called me back a couple hours later. They told me I had used the product incorrectly and thats how they got damaged. I told the women I spoke with (Kim) that no instructions were included. She told me they were on the box and there was no way I could have missed them. Well my wife and I missed them. They refused to replace them and I told them I was dissatisfied they would not replace them. she said it was my fault and since it was not a defect of the product there was nothing they could do. I was just about to purchase the trailer aid product from them and told her I would be rethinking this purchase do to this issue and the call ended. I looked up my purchase and found out I'm within my 30 day return policy and set up for this item to be returned. I decided to call Kim back and politely tell her I would be returning this item, not purchasing the trailer aid from them, and will be writing about this on the JOF. She got loud with me, repeated it my my issue not theres and I ended the call. Very poor customer service and I will not be purchasing there products ever in the future. Thanks for reading!

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #2

Just out of curiosity...how did you place the blocks? With the dimpled side down and the flat surface under the tire? The Lynx Levelers have about the same design and I have used them both ways without problems. I did buy the block caps and put them under the front jack legs by themselves and curled a couple of them up but the other as fine. I know that some of my levelers are 10 or more years old.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #3

i put the flat side down.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
i put the flat side down.
I wonder if the pictures in the link you provided are from Camco. In those pictures it does show the flat side down even stacked. sounds like to me you had them correct based on the pictures.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #5

I'm kind of confused as to how you could actually use them wrong, if you put them with the flat side down...good to know about the customer service/attitude of this company. I'll be thinking hard before purchasing any of their items.
mtn_bikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #6

We have two sets of Lynx blocks, end caps and chocks. One set is almost 10 yrs old and the other one is about 2 never had any issues with either set. We have even had our blocks set up on lava rock without a problem. Thanks for sharing your experience with Camco.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #7

Never had any problem and they are a good 'tool' to have.

Instructions to use are pretty straight forward.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Never had any problem and they are a good 'tool' to have.

Instructions to use are pretty straight forward.
Larry, it's the Camco product I had the issue with. I've returned them and I am waiting for the Lynx Levelers to come in. I originally went with the Camco because they were $6 less than the lynx and both had great reviews. I would rather pay double to have a product that works and deal with a company that hopefully stands behind there product better than Camco has.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
Larry, it's the Camco product I had the issue with. I've returned them and I am waiting for the Lynx Levelers to come in. I originally went with the Camco because they were $6 less than the lynx and both had great reviews. I would rather pay double to have a product that works and deal with a company that hopefully stands behind there product better than Camco has.

You'll like the Lynx products...let us know how they work for you.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #10

Yeah so, I have 3 sets of Lynx plus the locking wheel chock set, great for stopping it where you need it.
The only complaint I have is that on paved sites when placed under the stabs they get a little springy, needing to tighten my stabs a couple of times in a weekend. I have been using 4 x 4 block in this situation.
AND they fade.... but I grew up using all sorts of wood cribbing to level mom and dads old Jayco.

2011 Jayco Jayflight 22FB
2004 Ford F-150 5.4 Triton, K&N FIPK, Magna-flow muffler
Big Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #11

I have two sets of Lynx and have no problems with them at all. They work great. They do fade and I have a couple that have been mashed pretty good, but they still work fine.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote