Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2016, 02:07 PM   #11
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post

We are dog people and have always traveled with at least two. They have to be trained to behave if they are out in public.
I think THIS is exactly where many folks fall short...

2016 Ford F150 Scab - 3.5 Ecoboost HD Tow - Roadmaster Active Suspension - Equalizer 12K WD Hitch

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I think THIS is exactly where many folks fall short...

Goes back to self-centered people that have no respect for anyone else. The very same people that demand respect but give nothing in return...

2014 Jayflight Swift 264BH
2015 Ford F150 EcoBoost
klpoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #13
My Siberian Husky is a talker, he doesn't bark like normal dogs but he does try to participate in conversation. I'm hyper-sensitive to his potential impact on our neighbors and if he's having a conversation with a squirrel that I think is getting out of hand, I step in.

My first course of action if I had an unreasonably loud pet in the spot next to me would be to talk to them. "Is there anything you can do about your dog? It's all we can hear over here".

If that isn't an option, take it to the camp host if you have one, or call the ranger station. I have been compelled to call the police more than once, but that is very rare and usually involves illegal and dangerous (to us) activity when it has happened... i.e. wasted on booze, building bonfires in a small fire ring, dancing around with loaded shotguns while yelling like drunks do kind of stuff) I always try to go with option 1 first because depending on how long you are staying in that spot, you'll have to deal with their presence for a while. Getting anything resembling law enforcement involved and it just makes things a little more tense than usual.

If the dog is barking because something is potentially wrong with it... i.e. they tied it up to the picnic table and left for the day, I go immediately to option 2. No tolerance for bad pet owners.

My problems in a tight campgrounds are usually related to excessively loud humans, their generators, music etc... I like dogs more than most people though, so that might explain some of it. As luck would have it, the same 2 options apply for them.
2016 27BHS Elite
2012 F-150 EcoBoost / Max Tow
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:52 PM   #14
True story.....

Where I live, I have neighbors that have dogs all around me. Dogs to the left, dogs to the right, dogs behind us. When one dog starts barking, they all are barking. Annoying to say the least. And if we have company over, forget about trying to carry a conversation with them.We don't have dogs, mainly because we don't like the messes they make. And I'll be darned if I'm gonna carry a baggie to pick up poop!

Anyway, back to the story. I have a 4 year old grandson and he had a problem with pronouncing his "B"s, it would come out like the letter "F". So while he was visiting mamaw and papaw, we go out to the back deck and the chorus of barking dogs started up. The grandson looks at me and says "Papaw, why are those dogs farking?" I said, I don't know. But I say that every time I go outside, those farkin' dogs!!

2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B
2014 Ford Expedition
Horst Miracle Probes
Barker Power Jack
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote