Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #1

Camping club in NE Illinois

My wife and I are looking for some families with smaller children to go camping with in Illinois. We were thinking about starting a camping club to attract families but have no idea how to start one. Are there any online resources on how to start a camping club?

2012 Jayco Jayflight 26 BH
2002 Ford Explorer 4.6L
biester26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #2

Would have been nice to have one of those when my kids were young. Now the youngest is 18 and my oldest is 25. Where does the time go?
I admit it would be nice to know that other people you know would be where you are going or on the same roads incase of emergency and so forth.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by biester26 View Post
My wife and I are looking for some families with smaller children to go camping with in Illinois. We were thinking about starting a camping club to attract families but have no idea how to start one. Are there any online resources on how to start a camping club?
We live in Urbana, Illinois. Where, in Northeast Illinois are you talking about? We camp in NW Indiana at Oak Lake Campground a couple of times a year. This is in Roselawn, Indiana. I know there are campgrounds west of Chicago, but don't know anything about them.

Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #4

Reach out to drfife on here. He is a founding member of our north Texas camping club here in the Dallas area. There's also info in the Rally's section on the group. Might give you some starting ideas!
TripleJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #5

Quote:
We live in Urbana, Illinois. Where, in Northeast Illinois are you talking about? We camp in NW Indiana at Oak Lake Campground a couple of times a year. This is in Roselawn, Indiana. I know there are campgrounds west of Chicago, but don't know anything about them.
We live about 35 miles west of Chicago in Carol Stream. We have done camping in every direction from our home (North South East West). This is still our first year camping and I can count on 1 hand how many different campgrounds we have been to. Even though Urbana isn't close doesn't mean we couldn't hook up somewhere in between.

We have 1 more camping trip this year before we store our camper so maybe next spring we can hook up.

2012 Jayco Jayflight 26 BH
2002 Ford Explorer 4.6L
biester26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #6

I know exactly where Carol Stream is. I used to make runs to UPS and Office Depot every night to pick up freight. Used the new 355 off of 80.

We are currently in Pigon Forge, Tennessee for vacation. We have been to Sycamore campground, which is to the west of you. There is another campground just north of Sycamore, and I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, and my wife and I would like to check it out sometime. I'll have to find my trailer life directory. We would also like to do some camping in Wisconsin.

I'll winterize the unit around the first of November. I remember one year we were at Kickapoo State Park during Thanksgiving. That was an enjoyable trip.

Safe travels, and keep in touch...

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote