Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2016, 05:11 PM   #1

Camping World

Ok, so how many of u want to take all there service advisors who are clues less and upper management at your local dealer out. Second time three different service advisors, two shop foremans and two managers over 8 weeks. And now nobody even knows where ur repairs and parts at at. I am about to go postal or should I say Camping World. This has to be the worst place to go for service. They make RVOne look like the best thing since sliced bread. if I was only back in my twenties I would start an RV business that treated u well and now be a billioneer.

Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #2

Our dealer is so horrible I've thought the same thing. There has to be a market for a fair, honest, affordable, and timely RV service center! Too many are more focused on selling and could care less about fixing what they sell. I'd love to open up a service center that fixes and customizes RVs and TTs but I'm sure it's a mess of red tape.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #3

Rock you hit the nail right on the head. No clue what so ever.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:02 PM   #4

Ok my one year old has been between RVOne and CampingWorld for seven months. And in that time period all of my service advisors and shop people have moved between RVOne, Camping World and Lazy Days. Musical chairs in Tampa Bay since all the dealers suck and that is all these people can figure out what to do for money. Please save ur self grief and do not buy an RV in the Tampa Bay Area
Old 10-21-2016, 09:34 PM   #5

I have so much to say... and my DW says.. bite your tongue.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:02 AM   #6

Camping World

I will say one thing at least RVOne gave me a good price and did fix all my PDI stuff. There problem now is until they expand onto there new 100 acres they are Jammed full. The service dept is outdated and packed that is how they hit my cap. With no paint booth they did a crap repair. I had to use my insurance and else where for repainting. If not for that I would be ok with them. But I also went thru three advisors over three months with nothing passed from one to the other. The only smart thing they assigned one tech to my FW. I drove there and meet him and showed him all the issues. He showed me his work list and half the stuff was not listed. He even has no faith in the service advisors to get parts or pass info. That is why it took three months and than came the damage. Now two months at CW and two out of 15 items done and one poor that I told them to redo.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Ok my one year old has been between RVOne and CampingWorld for seven months. And in that time period all of my service advisors and shop people have moved between RVOne, Camping World and Lazy Days. Musical chairs in Tampa Bay since all the dealers suck and that is all these people can figure out what to do for money. Please save ur self grief and do not buy an RV in the Tampa Bay Area
Rock, I'm leaving at the end of this month for Tampa to pick mine up (with a flat bed if I have to). My service advisor left a week ago and told us only a piece a trim was needed to finish. Just found out the other day some repairs wasn't even not done yet after 7 months. I've only had the unit 4 months since purchasing it. I'm definitely going to let you know how things turn out after I see things with my own eyes.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #8

I will bet your service advisor was the same one I had went from CW to RVOne and now back at CW. How hard is it for a service advisor to check work when a tech says done and call u once per week with an update. Funny how when u come to buy accessories they get installed right away.
Rock
Old 10-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #9

Actually my last advisor from CW apparently went to another location from what I was told. My initial advisor from rv one was from camping world. One of the items that hasn't been done was an accessory that I purchased in July. Now I'm being told the parts just came in. I'm hoping things are right when I get there, I don't need the aggravation. The only update I could get was it will be done next week, I've been hearing that since the first of September. Rock, why did you pay elsewhere for the cap? I'd be raising H_ _ _!
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #10

No choice, I called my insurance and they told me it would not be against me since they had it and hit it. Insurance went after RVOne and got the money back and my 1k deductible.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:29 PM   #11
Site Team

Wonder why not of these problems ever appear in the Trailer Life column, RV Resolutions?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #12

Same here guys. Here in the northeast it sucks too. Bought ours at RVone in Albany and would not go back for service, or to buy our next one. Had service (actually warranty service that RVone screwed up) done at Garrick RV in Oak Ridge New Jersey. So far they have been great, service manager and techs have been there for awhile. Highly recommend them. Driving 3 hours back there this week to get a few things done before we make our winter trip.
caroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #13

Camping World has been good to me. I did not buy my Seneca from them but they have handled all the warranty issues. This is the Tucson Arizona store. They are working on getting permits to correct or improve their parking situation. That would be my complaint. For someone traveling through not being able to park or even pull through can be a real annoyance. When they correct that situation I will post here.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:31 PM   #14

Camping World

Old Skipper
They repaired and painted my front cap that was hit. They did a great job and I liked my advisor. That is why I went back for my warranty work and waited a month to get the same advisor when I could be fit in. Now she is gone but was a very nice lady even called me and told me she was leaving and had a complete pass down wrote up and gave me her cell and said if I have a problem call. That is a great way to do a job. Problem is they hired a bunch of new people and all got list once again. if I could have the great tech from RVOne and my old service advisor from CW I would be a pig.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:53 PM   #15

Camping World

As we have talked about Rock, Tampa RV sucks.....

I am STILL trying to get my FRIDGIDAIRE Residential Refrigerator repaired.

Waited over 3 weeks to get an appointment at RV one (Tampa RV)

They had my fifth wheel o e month and repaired one item on our list of repairs needed and my refrigerator was NOT repaired.

It worked the first weekend we went camping two weeks after we bought out Pinnacle.

Two weeks later we went camping again and the frig started getting warm and never cooled again.

This was over 4 months ago since this happened.

I went and picked up my fifth wheel and brought it back home.

Had an appliance dealer come look at it and was told if it was removed from the wall they could repair it. I removed it from the wall and they didn't show for their appointment so I called them and was told.....oh we are sorry, it will take too long to repair your refrigerator so we are NOT coming back.

I called Frigidaire and they sent a repair guy. He ordered a new Evaporator and Condensor.

Takes over a week each time for them to come back.........

Last time he came to repair he replaced the Evaporator and after removing the Condenser,said they sent the wrong one........Frigidaire says it is an UPDATED Condenser.

Today he showed up to ONLY take pictures of old condenser.

After he left I called Frigidaire again.........she is supposed to be sending a new appliance repair place to repair this frig.

WTF

Does anyone have any idea what the they are doing????

Totally DISGUSTED with all RV repair facility s at this point.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
This was over 4 months ago since this happened.
I went and picked up my fifth wheel and brought it back home.
Had an appliance dealer come look at it and was told if it was removed from the wall they could repair it. I removed it from the wall and they didn't show for their appointment so I called them and was told.....oh we are sorry, it will take too long to repair your refrigerator so we are NOT coming back.
I called Frigidaire and they sent a repair guy. He ordered a new Evaporator and Condensor.
Takes over a week each time for them to come back.........
Last time he came to repair he replaced the Evaporator and after removing the Condenser,said they sent the wrong one........Frigidaire says it is an UPDATED Condenser.
Today he showed up to ONLY take pictures of old condenser.
After he left I called Frigidaire again.........she is supposed to be sending a new appliance repair place to repair this frig.
WTF
Just think how you would feel if that Frigidaire was in your kitchen.

PS: Frigidaire is now owned by Electrolux, no longer the brand it once was.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #17

And I thought Norcold was questionable. If they only made better doors.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:40 AM   #18

I have to stick up for Camping World in Katy Texas. I purchased my Starcraft TT there and have brought it back to them for a couple of minor warranty issues and one major owner caused problem. (Yep, I did it , tore the ladder off and ripped up the roof with a low hanging tree limb at a campground). The repairs have been done correctly and delivery back to me was usually when promised. The only problem is getting a service appointment - they're always backed up a couple of weeks.

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:53 PM   #19

I'll agree to being lesser than impressed when I went up to camping world in the Chicago area, but I love my private dealer in Joliet. Service managers know what they are talking about and honestly care about being quick but thorough.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #20
bap

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Wonder why not of these problems ever appear in the Trailer Life column, RV Resolutions?
Because Trailer Life and Camping World are all one company.
bap is offline   Reply With Quote