Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2016, 09:15 AM   #11
Originally Posted by djalbrec View Post
Does anyone know what is meant by Canadian Standards which is listed as an option on the Eagle? I'm going to assume it has to do with insulation.

Also, what has been your experience with the Maxxis 8008 tire upgrade? Is it worth the more than $500 cost? Are they worth that much more than the original tires?

Lots of questions, I know, but I haven't been able to find answers on the website.
I ordered my Eagle 5er with the Maxxis tires option. This option includes upgraded wheels too. Reading many threads on this subject swayed me to order with the available option. After all tires are right on top for safety.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC Duramax
2016 Eagle 323LKTS Java
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #12
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
CSA is also called CUL. I don't know if they officially changed the name or not and CSA might still appear on some products, but CSA/CUL is the Canadian version of UL in the U.S.A.

CSA and UL are separate bodies that have mutual agreements on certification. Devices/Products can be labelled as CSA and/or ULC (Underwriters Laboratories of Canada). cUL certification indicates that the device complies with the Canadian Electrical Code as tested by UL.

In general, when shopping in Canada if you don't see one of the CSA/ULC symbols, you know it is grey (er gray) market stuff, including improper imports from the United States (generally just marked UL).

The Presidents of CSA Group and UL signed an Agreement on Acceptance of Components and a Memorandum of Understanding.

The Memorandum of Understanding agreement between the two organizations simplifies the process for electrical industry customers desiring both CSA and UL marks obtain dual CSA and UL certification through a single test program.

That means if someone requires CSA or UL, in fact he requires the product to follow certain norms/standards. According to above explanation this can be approved by the "Canadian Standards Association" (CSA) or by the "Underwriters Laboratories Inc." (UL). To indicate a product being approved by UL for the compliance with the "Canadian Electrical Code" the product is
marked cUL.

This is primarily for electrical devices. There are several areas of overlap between the two bodies, but CSA does certifications in areas not covered by UL.

2011 Jayco X19H (purchased 2015)
2008 Jayco 1007 PUP (purchased new, traded for the X19)
2012 Chev Traverse LT with TP
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote