Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Only with the $69 Limited plan. With the Basic $89 plan (which is cheaper than AAA RV PLUS ) and the PREMIERE plan there is unlimited towing.
Unlimited towing, but only to the nearest authorized repair facility. So if the nearest authorized repair facility is 500 miles, that's where they will take you. If you are 100 miles from home and the nearest facility is 5 miles, that's where they are taking you, not home. Anything else is on your dime.

AAA will tow you where ever you want within the mileage limit of your plan. Of course if the distance is over your limit, you have to pay the difference.

Trust me on this. I just had AAA tow my truck 170 miles to my house. It was $280 out of my pocket, the cost over my 100 mile limit. I emailed Coachnet with this question, and no, they would not have towed me home under their best plan. I would have been on the hook for the entire towing bill. Quote from thier response email: "Thank you for your interest in Coach-Net Road Service, our towing policy is to the nearest qualified service location. We can tow you to your desired destination but you would be responsible for the additional mileage."

I hope you never have occasion to have to test that out. Breaking down on the road is an aggravating and stressful experience. In our case, no one died, and no one got hurt, so all was good. And I was glad to be home the same day!

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote