Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #1

Coach-Net costs???

So, after the introductory membership in Coach-Net that came with my new Jayco, I renewed to continue the roadside coverage last year. Just received my most recent renewal reminder, and they tell me it is now $99 per year ($25 off if I renew for 3 years).
BUT, I see on their web site that they are advertising the same coverage for $89, including a "one time" fee of $10. So wouldn't that make the yearly rate $79? No mention that this is a introductory promo, etc.
I of course have sent an email to them about this. Has anyone else encountered this pricing difference, and if so, did Coach-Net explain it to your satisfaction??

I guess there always is that other roadside company that sends out the tons of promotional mail all the time.....
Old 03-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #2

Coach-Net costs???

I didn't renew after our free promo. I'd join good Sam or AAA first. Camping World just gave us a free 6month good Sam membership. I must have spent enough money with them overt the last year...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #3

We have a free year of Coach-Net also. I'd like to know what they have to say.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
Site Team

First thing is opt out of all the junk mail.
Make sure the Coach net renewal covers all vehicles you own.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:50 AM   #5

They called me today. Speedy response - not!
Looks like their web page for renewals is set to assume the higher priced "Gold" option, with no way to pick any other.
We were, and wanted to be, "Basic", so the only way to stay at that option is over the phone. They seem to be counting on many not noticing the "upgrade".

At least on the phone, the representative stated that the tow vehicle and the trailer were covered while hitched up, but we were on our own for the tow vehicle after unhitching. Which is fine, as the DW really wants to keep AAA for all the day-to-day driving, anyway. With Gold, all vehicles owned are covered all the time.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #6

AAA for day to day driving and towing directly to your home within 100 miles (200 for the high end package), something else (Coachnet, GoodSam) for RVing farther away than that. AAA is the only one that will tow you where you want. The others will take you to their nearest authorized repair center. We have one out of state trip planned this year. I'll probably sign up with Coachnet or GoodSam just for this year and keep AAA.

BTW, I made an inquiry to Coachnet last week. It took them nearly a week to answer a simple question.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #7

Two years ago I had Good Sam and switched to Coach-Net due to a low introductory price. This year, I noticed the same as you (price has gone way up on Goach-Net). Magically, I just got an email from Good Sam with a promotional price of $69.95. So, I'll be switching back to Good Sam. Through the years it seems that both companies get very good ratings on service so I don't think it matters who I go with. BTW, Good Sam says they cover the vehicles as well as the RV.
I also have AAA out of necessity because my truck insurance is though them.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I didn't renew after our free promo. I'd join good Sam or AAA first. Camping World just gave us a free 6month good Sam membership. I must have spent enough money with them overt the last year...
Coach Net is the provider of choice for FMCA (all the big boys) and have a proven reputation. AAA couldn't even provide a tire change for an Class C in Indianapolis.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Coach Net is the provider of choice for FMCA (all the big boys) and have a proven reputation. AAA couldn't even provide a tire change for an Class C in Indianapolis.
Try and get Coachnet to tow you home though if you're broke down and less than 100 miles from home. Ain't happening. Seems to me to have the best flexibility you need 2 clubs and call the one that has the best options for the circumstances.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Try and get Coachnet to tow you home though if you're broke down and less than 100 miles from home. Ain't happening. Seems to me to have the best flexibility you need 2 clubs and call the one that has the best options for the circumstances.
Only with the $69 Limited plan. With the Basic $89 plan (which is cheaper than AAA RV PLUS ) and the PREMIERE plan there is unlimited towing.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Only with the $69 Limited plan. With the Basic $89 plan (which is cheaper than AAA RV PLUS ) and the PREMIERE plan there is unlimited towing.
Unlimited towing, but only to the nearest authorized repair facility. So if the nearest authorized repair facility is 500 miles, that's where they will take you. If you are 100 miles from home and the nearest facility is 5 miles, that's where they are taking you, not home. Anything else is on your dime.

AAA will tow you where ever you want within the mileage limit of your plan. Of course if the distance is over your limit, you have to pay the difference.

Trust me on this. I just had AAA tow my truck 170 miles to my house. It was $280 out of my pocket, the cost over my 100 mile limit. I emailed Coachnet with this question, and no, they would not have towed me home under their best plan. I would have been on the hook for the entire towing bill. Quote from thier response email: "Thank you for your interest in Coach-Net Road Service, our towing policy is to the nearest qualified service location. We can tow you to your desired destination but you would be responsible for the additional mileage."

I hope you never have occasion to have to test that out. Breaking down on the road is an aggravating and stressful experience. In our case, no one died, and no one got hurt, so all was good. And I was glad to be home the same day!