Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2017, 06:08 AM   #1

Coach net roadside assistance.

I was just reading on Jayco's site that for the 1st yr they include the service. My dealer failed to mention this but I do already have free coverage from goodsam. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with coachnet? And how do I go about getting my membership number?
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #2

When we purchased our first new HTT, it included a year of Coachnet Roadside Assistance (as did the next two new RVs we purchased). They had good customer service, but for us, we found AAA Plus with RV to be a better option. Living on the East Coast, AAA has coverage from Florida to NJ (haven't needed it north of NJ).

Our TV broke down when we were traveling to Hershey Park when we first bought our HTT. I called AAA and they offered to tow our HTT and TV to Hershey Park's campground and then drop of the TV at a dealership in town. They only problem was with 4 of us needing to ride in the tow truck, the earliest they could get a driver was about 2 hours. So we called CoachNet. CoachNet would not tow us to Hershey's Highmeadow Campround, they would only take us to the nearest campground and nearest GM Dealership for TV. They wouldn't let us pay extra to go the extra distance to Hershey. We declined.

Turns out both AAA and CoachNet contacted the same tow truck company to tow us. With AAA Plus RV, we get 4 tows of 100 miles each year, lock out service and many other services as well as a discount at lots of retail locations, hotels and restaurants. It also covers any vehicle that I or my wife are in, whether we own it or not. The only benefit of CoachNet that seemed useful to us was tech support for the RV, but with Google, the same info is available 24/7.

AAA does not have as good coverage in other parts of the country, but since we stay East of the Mississippi River, we have never had trouble getting service.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post
When we purchased our first new HTT, it included a year of Coachnet Roadside Assistance (as did the next two new RVs we purchased). They had good customer service, but for us, we found AAA Plus with RV to be a better option. Living on the East Coast, AAA has coverage from Florida to NJ (haven't needed it north of NJ).

Our TV broke down when we were traveling to Hershey Park when we first bought our HTT. I called AAA and they offered to tow our HTT and TV to Hershey Park's campground and then drop of the TV at a dealership in town. They only problem was with 4 of us needing to ride in the tow truck, the earliest they could get a driver was about 2 hours. So we called CoachNet. CoachNet would not tow us to Hershey's Highmeadow Campround, they would only take us to the nearest campground and nearest GM Dealership for TV. They wouldn't let us pay extra to go the extra distance to Hershey. We declined.

Turns out both AAA and CoachNet contacted the same tow truck company to tow us. With AAA Plus RV, we get 4 tows of 100 miles each year, lock out service and many other services as well as a discount at lots of retail locations, hotels and restaurants. It also covers any vehicle that I or my wife are in, whether we own it or not. The only benefit of CoachNet that seemed useful to us was tech support for the RV, but with Google, the same info is available 24/7.

AAA does not have as good coverage in other parts of the country, but since we stay East of the Mississippi River, we have never had trouble getting service.

-Michael
I've been an AAA member for the better part of 30 years and never knew I could add RV!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:06 AM   #4

I did call coachnet and left them a message. I'm not sure if they only cover driveables. I went to their site and only see Jayco motorized listed as an option, but figured it was worth calling and confirming. Also I found out that my rv insurance policy with Progressive includes the roadside for all my owned vehicles. Great feature!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #5

We received a letter in the mail a few weeks after buying our trailer reminding us that one year of Coachnet was free and it included the code to signup online. We purchased a Jayflight trailer but the letter did indicate that we should select Jayco Motorized.

When I input the code it knew who I was/what I had purchased and let me generate a membership card (no request for payment entry or the like). I haven't used them, so I can't comment on service, but the price was right...
John1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I've been an AAA member for the better part of 30 years and never knew I could add RV!
In our region, AAA South, adding RV coverage was $40/year.

We used it 3 times, twice to tow our HTT and TV and once to mount the spare on our MH after a blowout.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:35 PM   #7

Here's a story about Coach-Net from Nick Russel, a well know blogger and author of the Gypsy Journal.

Coach Net Sucks – Gypsy Journal RV Travel Newspaper
Old 06-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy View Post
Here's a story about Coach-Net from Nick Russel, a well know blogger and author of the Gypsy Journal.

Coach Net Sucks – Gypsy Journal RV Travel Newspaper
That's
Old 06-20-2017, 04:00 AM   #9

I've had Coachnet for about 4 years now, and unfortunately have had to use it a couple of times. I've had no issues at all with them and would recommend them. You can purchase coverage for all your vehicles also - I did and have used it on one of my other vehicles once - again, no issues at all.
Happy camping everyone!

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote