Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #1

Coach-net roadside assistance - why didn't I know :(

We bought our trailer in May and the dealer never once mentioned that Jayco throws in a membership with Coach-net roadside assistance. They did tell us we could PAY for this if we wanted. On our own we bought a Good Sam roadside assistance membership before our first trip, and I just found out today by letter from Coach-net. Blah!!! On the positive side I guess this is cool of Jayco to do. But why does our dealer suck so much that they didn't know this.
kodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #2

We have a Coachnet sticker inside our kitchen cabinet, it says something about our free membership, and their information was included in our stack of manuals and paperwork that I read cover to cover in the days following our purchase.

It's astounding what dealers and their sales people don't know about the products they sell every day. I'm just an RV enthusiast, and accountant by day, and I could run circles around the sales staff at my dealer, and half the service dept too!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #3

Now that I think about it, we may have actually gotten the good sam before we took delivery of the trailer (because we had issues with that... the first trailer that arrived wasn't the one we ordered and there was a big kerfuffle). I glanced at the manuals but didn't see anything from Coach net nor anything in the kitchen cabinet. Anyway, kind of a bummer.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:51 AM   #4
Site Team

Coach net coverage on the new rig is for 1 year and only covers the trailer. Costs extra for tow vehicle.
We considered dropping GS until that was made clear.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:28 AM   #5

Perhaps it's not that your dealer didn't know about CoachNet. Perhaps he just wanted to sell you a policy to build up his/her commission.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Coach net coverage on the new rig is for 1 year and only covers the trailer. Costs extra for tow vehicle.
We considered dropping GS until that was made clear.
Oh, thanks norty1. That's interesting and handy to know.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
We have a Coachnet sticker inside our kitchen cabinet, it says something about our free membership, and their information was included in our stack of manuals and paperwork that I read cover to cover in the days following our purchase.

It's astounding what dealers and their sales people don't know about the products they sell every day. I'm just an RV enthusiast, and accountant by day, and I could run circles around the sales staff at my dealer, and half the service dept too!
I agree Bob! I learned a good bit about campers when I restored my old 1972. I still have a lot to learn about them but when I was shopping around I was blown away at how little the sales people knew about their product. I posted my experience on here about trying to get a defintive answer on my roof material. Dealer insisted it was Dicor EPDM. I told them I knew it was't. Called Jayco direct and was told it is the Alpha. Why couldn't the dealer do this?!?!?
Anyway, I was never told about the Coach-net either. Found out when I got the paperwork in the mail.