Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #1

Cover for 27DSRL White Hawk

I want to order a cover for my 2015 and there are some good sales. Does anyone have a recommendation. I do not want to make a mistake.
Skyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking View Post
I want to order a cover for my 2015 and there are some good sales. Does anyone have a recommendation. I do not want to make a mistake.
Camping world usually has some good sales on RV covers. The only problem is the good sale prices are usually in the fall. You might want to wait until then unless you have a pressing issue to cover it during the summer months.

By the way.... How do you like that 27DSRL? My mom just placed an order for one last week.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #3

27 dsrl

My wife and I have made 2 long trips and a few short ones and we love it. Replace the thermostat with a digital to provide more even heat-otherwise Great!!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:18 PM   #4

I have an ADCO. It seems well made. Just as side note, if you use a cover, make sure you cover the roof drains VERY WELL. I bought 4 tennis balls and intended to place one over each one. However, my wife gave two of them to the grandkids and I didn't know that until putting the cover on. I used towels and duct tape but I already have one ripped. Northern IN winters can be very windy and it didn't take long for the corner to tear. I also have a 27 DSRL and we love it! We've only camped one season in it but we look forward to a great 2015. When putting the cover on, I recommend front to back, not back to front like their video.
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #5

ADCO cover

Thanks for the advice on potential gutter drain damage. I am interested in the ADCO cover! What is the correct model no or size to order? Joe
Old 02-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #6

This is the one I purchased:
ADCO Travel Trailer Designer Tyvek RV Cover - 26'1" - 28'6"
Old 07-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #7

adco fits?

Does it fit ok? Skyking
Old 07-11-2016, 09:28 PM   #8

I purchased the Adco Tyvek cover for our 27DSRL from Car Cover Kingdom on eBay for $411. I highly recommend this cover, it has plenty of straps to snug down the cover and it has zippers for easy trailer access.
rgchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:24 AM   #9

There are about a 10 straps that go underneath. Some do not work out because of tires in the way. The straps in the front and back do a good job of picking up the slack. I did mention about the gutters in a previous post. That is really critical. Reviewing posts online, some said to make the cover snug others said keep it loose. The wind really whips around where I live, so I vote for a little more snug than loose. If the cover is loose and rubs against the fiberglass walls, the cover can cause some scratching. In fact I recommend coming back a week later and seeing how it fits. There may be a need for some tightening after the cover settles on the TT. If you don't deal with high winds, it's not a big thing either way. I've had mine in use for two winters and except for some tearing by the gutters, it's still in good shape. I'm going to do a little repair before putting it on this year. I hope to get a few more years out of it.