Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #21

Thanks, I'm in West Marine more than DW thinks is good for me.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasA&M View Post
I cover mine in between all uses. It only takes me 15 minutes to take it on or off and I like knowing that it is protected from the elements. I didn't buy it for protection from the rain so much as I did for the harsh Texas sun. Been covered since I bought it a year and a half ago, and it still looks brand new; the same can not be said of trailers the same age in the storage lot next to me.
Hey Texas what would you charge to take my cover on and off? I just fought my cover on and it took over an hour. And it feels like I went 3 rounds with the # 1 contender.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #23

are any of you guys actually keeping yours under a carport when not in use?

that's what we are doing with the '09 we just brought home this weekend... i'm just hoping this will ease up on my exterior maintenance a bit, maybe keep it looking as new as it does now... was going to put a cover on it as well, but i think that is overkill...

yeah, i have plans for retirement... i plan to turn my on-off switch to 'off'.....
squidmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilley View Post
Hey Texas what would you charge to take my cover on and off? I just fought my cover on and it took over an hour. And it feels like I went 3 rounds with the # 1 contender.
Just saw this... It did take me longer when I first got it, but I've got it down to a science now. I'm good and sweaty when it's all over though, that is for sure. During the summer, I wait until it's dark out before I mess with it.

If I had a carport to park my trailer under, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It is a LOT easier to pick up/drop off the trailer when I don't have to mess with the cover. Hopefully one day I'll have a place that I can build a cover for it or afford covered storage.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidmotion View Post
are any of you guys actually keeping yours under a carport when not in use?

Here is a pic before we finished painting the poles.Built this the week we brought it home.
Attached Thumbnails
1st  5er-shed.jpg  
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #26

that should do it!

yeah, i have plans for retirement... i plan to turn my on-off switch to 'off'.....
squidmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #27

I use an Adco cover but only in the winter. It takes me an hour or so to pad all of the sharp edges on the corners, levels, ladder, antennas, etc. before even putting the cover on. I don't want to do that everytime I take the TT out. I also can't get the slides open with the cover on.

If i was in very sunny areas I might change my mind but we don't have that extreme.

Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log
dalenoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #28

hard to install, hours to wax, seems like a light coat of dust may be the answer.
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #29

Mine is under cover when not in use, but we just returned from a month in Gold Canyon, AZ, where lots of folks rent their sites by the year and leave the trailers there on the site. I noticed not a single one had a cover on it, including those in the storage areas. I guess even with the brutal sun, the wind must be more of a problem, loosening up covers and causing damage from rubbing.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #30

A neighbor at my local storage unit "cared" enough to cover their camper...and haven't been back once since December to see it torn off and flapping like a lost sail in the wind - hitting my camper. Covers are not an excuse for laziness. If you choose to use a cover, please be respectful of your neighbors in storage by checking on your rig MORE frequently than if you didn't cover.
RustyFairmount is offline   Reply With Quote