We had a hail storm here on April 10. It dented the heck out of my 184BH, put a dent in the antenna, and marked up the vent cover over the potty. Purely cosmetic stuff. We went back and forth about whether to have it looked at by adjuster. Finally decided to do so.
News came back---they totaled it. We bought it last spring and only got to camp in it a couple times. Had a fantastic fan installed at dealership and bought a cover.
Here are my options---they will give me $11,600 and take the camper. I would pay off my loan ($9000) and have some money for a down payment. Problem---the nearest 184BH is in Des Moines----not terribly far---but I'm getting alittle nervous about buying another one----you know how it it---one camper was made on Tues and is perfect--the next was made on Friday afternoon at quitting time
---not so perfect!
The other option the adjuster mentioned was they would pay the bank $5100 and I would continue to pay on the balance. BUT----this is all up to the bank. If they don't want to be co-owners of a salvaged camper--they can say no deal. Now I'm desperate---I want my camper---this camper that I know and love. So I could offer to pay the other $4000 off now and it's nobody's worry but mine.
B U T----------------
If I do that----is my Jayco warranty void? If something breaks inside will they say no way------because it's a salvaged/totaled camper. I'm guessing it won't be covered????
Any thoughts or suggestions? Yesterday, after I got done crying----we went to the Jayco dealer and today to a dealer who shall remain nameless. Last night I was up till 5 am-----scouring the Internet for other light weight campers----there's just nothing I like as well as what I have!
The conference call between the insurance company, bank and myself is supposed to be tomorrow.