Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2016, 12:17 PM   #1

Dealer Questions

After reading some threads on the forum I have a few questions about dealers. The first is that RV One gets mentioned quite a bit. For us-their Des Moines location is local to us. Other dealers are 2-4 hours away. I wouldn't mind traveling to these other dealers either and plan to before making a final purchase.

Is buying from RV One a good things or a bad thing? Do they lack service-would I need to find another dealer to do the service work on my new Jayco?

It also sounds like I shouldn't accept anything less than 20% off MSRP on a new unit, is that right?

Last thing-is there anything I should make sure I ask? This is our first buying a new unit and our first Jayco.
Moon8211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:46 PM   #2

Just bought my second RV from RV One. I picked both up in Des Moines from Des Moines RV. Had a few problems with this fiver (all manufacturing problems not Dealer). Should not have ahd any probles with a new fiver but there were things that should have been done at the factory that got overlooked. The guys in the service department there in Des Moines (Service manager Chris) went above and beyond in making it right before I left the lot. The problems weren't hard to fix but were very difficult to diagnose. It took over a day just to identify the problem and the guys never gave up and even called in technical support from New York. I wish I could get local service as dedicated as these guys were. They were great. I am considering some modifications to the fiver and will probably plan it when I am back out that way so they can do it. Cant say enough good things about the service I got there. I followed them each step of the way as they were going through the diagnosis process and trust them completely. Might not go through the same manufacturer I got this time but would go back to Des Moines without hesitation.
R2Pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #3

Dealer Questions

I bought at Des Moines RVOne and really have had good experience at their service enter. I had the water pump replaced and the water lines connected the proper valves so the utility center worked correctly. They tried to get straps for the cushions, but I finally got those from Jayco. all in all I have no problems with them.
OTChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:44 AM   #4

Dealer Questions

My sister in law and I have bought from RV one and both were very happy. To make sure your getting a good price, get some online and/or in person quotes.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:00 AM   #5

I purchased from Des Moines RV and was very frustrated with them during the time between order and delivery. They promised weekly updates that never happened. Found out later that our salesperson had a family emergency and no one was willing to make the calls for him. If you buy off the lot, this shouldn't be an issue for you. If you want to order a new unit, just be ready to make some calls yourself.

When I picked the unit up, the service manager told me I didn't need any type of sway control (the 338RETS is nearly 40' long and I'm pulling with a F250). I finally talked them into selling me the Dual Cam system that I requested. Then they didn't install the snap-up brackets correctly and by the time I got home they were hopelessly bent. I took the brackets back to the service department and all the Service Manager could say was "yep, that'll happen". I did get their corporate office to agree to reimburse me for the new brackets but I haven't seen payment yet.

I haven't tried to get any warranty work done yet but I do have some I need to get completed. I've heard both good and bad about their service department but based on my past experience with them, I'm not eager to hand them my trailer. Ketelsen RV, the Jayco dealer in the Cedar Rapids area, is building a location out by Desoto. I may wait until spring to see if they will be able to do Jayco warranty work.

All that being said, they did give me a great deal so I'm willing to overlook some of the frustration. Depending on the unit you are wanting, I don't think 30% off MSRP is too much to expect.
bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote