Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Dealers make the difference

We had a great experience buying our camper. Our salesman was not pushy, wasn't gimmicky, didn't try to sell us a camper that was too heavy for our vehicle. He answered all of our questions and found out the answers when he didn't know right away. He even gave us his cell phone number while he was away for 3 days during the week. This guy wanted our business. The dealership worked with us to give us a great deal, and we walked out with a great trailer and knowing we paid exactly what we wanted to pay to get it. We've already brought it back once for something silly (operator error on our part) and they couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. I would recommend them to anyone, anytime. Prior to buying our RV there, they've serviced our pop-up for inspections and random repairs. So even on a rig that wasn't bought there, they have been top notch.

My inlaws bought a small Starcraft hybrid from Camping World, the same day we bought our 23B. They have had the WORST experience, the WORST service I have ever seen. (We warned them not to go there after dealing with a schiester salesman there ourself when we were shopping for the pop up, and apparently they haven't gotten any better) My poor IL's haven't even been able to camp in their camper yet. It's brand new, yet a stabilizer was broken when they got it, the dining table was smashed up, as well as a host of other things that were supposed to be repaired. My FIL brought it in today (they actually had to bring it home and bring it back to be serviced) after calling to confirm the appt last night, and when he got there, they had the wrong table, told him one of the things was fixed (it hadn't even been touched), just a total disaster. We wish at this point they would just get their money back and come up here (they live about 100 miles away) and buy the same rig from our dealer - then at least they wouldn't have the stress they have now and could enjoy some time in their new camper before putting it away for winter!

So I guess the moral of the story is that it's not just the camper that makes the experience. Good dealers are like liquid gold! I just feel so bad for my inlaws, I'd like to go down there and wring those idiots' necks myself! Sadly, they feel they're at the mercy of this terrible dealer at this point. I wish they could have the happiness and excitement that we have every time we look out the window at dapper Mr. 23B.

PS - Stay away from Camping World in Bath, NY!

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.

Karen, Scott, our daughers (6 and 9), and Finley (Finn) the wonder lab.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X23B
2001 Viking 2485ST pop up
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Shame on CW but I'm also happy to hear your dealer is treating you so well. Why don't you name them? There's lots of readers on this board and we're always looking for a good dealer and, God forbid, good places for service while on the road.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Absolutely! Seven O's in Kirkville, NY (about 10 miles east of Syracuse). They are family owned and a Jayco dealer. Have been around since the 70's I believe.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.

Karen, Scott, our daughers (6 and 9), and Finley (Finn) the wonder lab.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X23B
2001 Viking 2485ST pop up
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
I think I know how you feel about your dealer. My current TV, an F-350, was not bought at my local Ford dealer, but they have always treated me like I did. About the only thing that went bad on the F-350 was that one of the FWD front hubs quit releasing. They said it needed to be replaced under warranty, and by the way, would I object if they replaced the other one, also under warranty, just to be sure it didn't give me trouble down the road. That kind of service is rare, and I wish your Jayco dealer was closer to me, just in case I need him. Enjoy your 23B !
2003 Ford F-350 V-10 Crew Cab 4WD Long Bed
2004 Jayco Designer Medallion 29 RLTS 5th wheel
Bill, Gayle, and Mindi (dachshund)
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
We have purchased 2 RV's from Seven O's in Kirkville, NY and could not be happier with them. When we purchased our first unit from them, I was moving up from a much lighter TT. I specified in the contract that I wanted a 1200 Lb. WD Hitch. It never worked correctly so I took it back to be adjusted. The service manager took one look at it and said "You need a heavier unit." He went on to say "I don't care what you specified, we sold you the wrong hitch and we will install the correct one at no charge." Believe me, they have a loyal customer.
hausknwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Site Team
We bought our tt through the internet manager of our dealer who agreed on an RVDirect quote. In the beginning we experienced amazing warranty work, but then the service manager left and the warranty experience with our dealer went downhill. For us, it wound up being the service department which kept us happy (or not).

We did have an issue with our Equalinzer hitch while driving cross country. I was happy to say that there was a dealer who gladly took care of us and got the Equalizer hitch authorization for us somewhere in the mid-west a couple of years ago.

Definitely... a dealer will make a BIG difference!
Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt

CLICK HERE to save 30% $$ or more off your next Jayco RV
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
I'll second or triple the nod towards Seven O's in Kirkville. We have bought 3 new campers there since 2006 and they have always taken care of us. Ron Hoffman, the salesman we deal with, actually talked up out of trading in our 232 a couple years ago because we would have been too upside down on the new one. He told us to wait a couple years until we got the 232 paid down. I steer anyone I hear who is looking for a new or used camper their way! And they'll closely match the RV Direct price if they have the unit on the lot.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH traded in
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4, 5.7, 6 speed 4.30 gears
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
2012 KZ Spree Escape E204S
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.8L, 3.23
Yamaha 2400ishc
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #9
We've been dealing with the same dealership since 1977 and they are great for both sales and service. That is one point I always make when I see complaints about things not getting fixed 95% of the time it is the dealer and not JAYCO, since they don't follow-up on parts requests or warranty work authorizations. The same goes for units delivered with defects the dealer has to do a good PDI before he gives it to the customer instead of just trying to get it off the lot.
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
Have them write Trailer Life's ombudsman... THAT SHOULD BE FUNNY...

2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
140 days boondocking in 2016
211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote