Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-03-2016, 07:45 AM   #21

Red face 377RLBH on order

This is my first post on this forum and we are ALMOST Jayco owners. We ordered our 5th wheel about 6 weeks ago and were told it would take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I have been reading on here that there are wait times of 13-20 weeks. Because campgrounds seem to book up fast we have made reservations in mid January 2017 for our " maiden voyage" but am wondering if this was a mistake? We are newbies to rving and feeling a bit foolish at this point.
michelleinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleinsc View Post
This is my first post on this forum and we are ALMOST Jayco owners. We ordered our 5th wheel about 6 weeks ago and were told it would take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I have been reading on here that there are wait times of 13-20 weeks. Because campgrounds seem to book up fast we have made reservations in mid January 2017 for our " maiden voyage" but am wondering if this was a mistake? We are newbies to rving and feeling a bit foolish at this point.
First off, we were all n00bs at one time. Feel free to ask any question. Dumb questions are a whole lot less expensive than dumb mistakes.

Personally, I only buy off the lot because I am willing to compromise on what the unit is rather than wait for the perfect fit.

From what I've been reading, expecting 12-18 weeks for Jayco to build and deliver a new RV is reasonable. If you want a stress-free first trip, you might want to consider going to a CG that doesn't require reservations and be very flexible about the timing.

Once the RV is in your possession AND you've ironed out the bugs from the machine and your camping techniques/routines, then you can time things out much tighter.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
First off, we were all n00bs at one time. Feel free to ask any question. Dumb questions are a whole lot less expensive than dumb mistakes.

Personally, I only buy off the lot because I am willing to compromise on what the unit is rather than wait for the perfect fit.

From what I've been reading, expecting 12-18 weeks for Jayco to build and deliver a new RV is reasonable. If you want a stress-free first trip, you might want to consider going to a CG that doesn't require reservations and be very flexible about the timing.

Once the RV is in your possession AND you've ironed out the bugs from the machine and your camping techniques/routines, then you can time things out much tighter.
I wondered if we might have made a mistake by "settling" for one on the lot. However, we did a lot of looking online, at used and new layouts, and we had made a list of our preferences. Despite being novices (just 5 nights in a used Popup this year), we did have enough experience to know a few features we really wanted and to know a few things we had no use for.

When we found a new X213 on the lot, and that happened to be the top TT on our list, we managed to get a price that we felt was fair and took the plunge. It just took a few days for them to check out everything to be sure that all was in order, and we drove it off the lot just 3 days after signing the papers.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPreeb View Post
I wondered if we might have made a mistake by "settling" for one on the lot. However, we did a lot of looking online, at used and new layouts, and we had made a list of our preferences. Despite being novices (just 5 nights in a used Popup this year), we did have enough experience to know a few features we really wanted and to know a few things we had no use for.

When we found a new X213 on the lot, and that happened to be the top TT on our list, we managed to get a price that we felt was fair and took the plunge. It just took a few days for them to check out everything to be sure that all was in order, and we drove it off the lot just 3 days after signing the papers.
"Wondering" if you settled? That's called "Buyers Regret". Happens to all of us. No matter how big or small the purchase. Every buy a house or a pack of gum and NOT have that nagging little feeling of "Did I make a good choice"? Welcome to being human!

It'll take several camping trips for you to determine how far you settled.

The 19RD is longer, heavier and more expensive than I wanted. But, since it had every appliance and feature I expected... I made the compromises I was comfortable making. A year later and I moved up to a bigger tow vehicle.

Known compromises are one thing. But the two-foot-itis is the real killer!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote