Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #1

Denver Winter Rewind

May snow showers...

Broke out our camper and de-winterized a few weeks ago. Any Colorado folks going to do anything for the storm that is in town for the next few days regarding winterizing?
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #2

We took our camper out of storage a couple months ago, de-winterized then. Over the last 2 months we've had multiple cold snaps, I re-winterized back in March, haven't taken it out again since. It really didn't get that cold, for that long yesterday so I wouldn't have worried about it, other than opening up the low point drains. It was above freezing most of the day, only dropped a few degrees under overnight and was short lived. If this storm had come through a couple months ago, we'd have a couple feet of snow on the ground, but it's already almost all melted. My tomato plants survived it, so I think the camper would have.
Attached Thumbnails
20170519_103050.jpg  
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #3

Haven't de-winterized yet. DW is a teacher so we can't go camping till schools out. We always take the grand kids too. Our first trip is always in June.
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #4

We got back yesterday (Friday) from a 6 day trip encompassing northern Nebraska through central Iowa. After 5 days of rain and storms and chilly weather, we decided to cut off 2 days from our planned 8 day trip and drive home. We drove 571 miles from Red Rock Lake (Elk Rock State Park) Iowa through rain almost all the way. The computerized signs on I-80 west of North Platte warned that the freeway was closed west of Cheyenne, I'm assuming due to the snowstorm. We weren't going that far anyway (we head southwest on I-76), so it didn't affect us, but there were lots of eastern license plates passing us who were going to have to make alternate plans.

It started snowing out here east of Sterling around 11 PM and we got maybe a couple of inches. I did nothing about the camper, as it wasn't that cold long enough to be an issue. It's still parked out front, where it will be until things dry out a little so can get it into it's usual spot.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #5

We got about eight inches of heavy, wet, industrial strength snow.

I finally got to see my car insurance adjuster for the May 8th hail storm that decimated a lot of the Denver area. The adjuster said it is the 3d largest insurance event in the Denver metro area ever. The insurance company is going to total my tow vehicle so I will be buying it back from them. My roof got damaged pretty good too. Currently my roof is tarped and the adjuster will be out this coming Wednesday. Fun times for all.
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #6

We just returned to Grand Junction today, after spending 5 days at St. Vrain State
Park. We did not have any kind of issue with the cold temps freezing our water lines at all.
thevettemanx2 is offline   Reply With Quote