Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #11
I have directv and have it at home and my RV. You can get local channels wherever you are if you tell them you are in your vacation home with just a phone call. You can buy a receiver on Ebay cheap and leave it in your RV. Make sure you call Directv with the serial number before you purchase to be sure the receiver is an owned unit. Or you can use your home receiver. I use my home DVR now because it has a lot of recorded shows from home. I use a free standing dish on a tripod at this time. Takes a little time to set it up but it gets faster the more you do it. I can't say it is better than Dish but I can say I get help from Directv when needed.

skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
I have had Dish for I can't remember how many years.. I am totally happy with it in my home and the rv.. When I sold my toy hauler month or so back and purchased the Eagle I had them throw in a tailgater on the deal, I had to get the 211z receiver for the tailgater but, I am real happy with it as it's very small.. I use my rv mostly for fishing camp and hunting camp but, when I travel I wanted the tailgater as I have a hard time adjusting the dish on a tripod.. I pay about $100 dollars a month for top 200 package, local channels, NFL redzone and both the receivers... It's well worth it to me, hope this helps..

Dash, Marie & Tazzie ( short for the devil from Tazmania) English bull terrier.
2014 Eagle 316RKDS
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
When I pass on I want it to be like my grandpa in my sleep... Not like the screaming folks in the car with him..
The Dster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:09 AM   #13
I hated DirecTv when I had them. I've had Dish now for 6 years and love them! Every time I've called with a problem ready to yell, they suprise me with more than I could have asked for. Sent me a Roku once to buy my TV shows because one of my favorite stations was in contract disputes with them. So $80 Roku and two $30 credits to buy the show. And I didn't even ask for it. They are my only utility provider I actually am happy with. Ntm, if you wanted you can get an automatic portable satellite for you trailer with Dish, don't know about Direct. I think it's only $7 bucks a month (month to month, no contract) to get all of your stations you have at home at your trailer. No aligning required!
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #14
Thanks all. I ordered Dish this am and a cube.
2015 338RETS Eagle Premier gloss sides., king.
2012 Ram 3500, crew cab 4x4 duelly Deleted
16k miles, 530HP, 1000 +torque.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #15
Up until we moved last fall, we had Directv. I had two extra satalite dishes, that would each work 3 recievers. I mounted 1 of the dishes to a pole cemented in a 5 gallon bucket and would take that along with our bedroom reciever when we went camping. If there was a group of 3 campers (which is normal for us) we would all be wired into the one dish. Anyway, when we moved, Charter cable had the "triple play" for less than we were paying for directv alone so the switch was a no brainer. Do I miss directv while camping? Not really, in the areas we camp, I am getting about 35 channels off the antenna tv, and I only watch it if its raining out, or im in bed. Also, when we stay at private campgrounds (which isnt often), it seems they all have cable hook up too...

'97 Jayco Eagle 314BHS

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote