Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2017, 07:11 PM   #1

Dish question

So I recently had Dish installed at home and purchased a Wally for the camper. The install guy was very nice and provided me with a dish on a tripod for the road. Here is my question. Without a tailgater, the Wally doesn't prompt to locate the satellite. When I hook up the dish, I'm having trouble locating the sat without a signal meter. Does the Wally have a feature similar to direct receivers that puts out a tone to locate satellites? If so, how do I get to it? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccso2213 View Post
So I recently had Dish installed at home and purchased a Wally for the camper. The install guy was very nice and provided me with a dish on a tripod for the road. Here is my question. Without a tailgater, the Wally doesn't prompt to locate the satellite. When I hook up the dish, I'm having trouble locating the sat without a signal meter. Does the Wally have a feature similar to direct receivers that puts out a tone to locate satellites? If so, how do I get to it? Thanks in advance for all the help!

I haven't used the Wally, but on my VIP211k receiver, I can access the tone through the menu - system setup -> installation -> point dish. I would think that the Wally has something similar.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:30 PM   #3

Anav8or, thanks. the Wally has the same interface as the hopper, so I think it's different from yours. I may try setting it to classic interface and see if I can find it as you've described. Thanks for replying!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccso2213 View Post
Anav8or, thanks. the Wally has the same interface as the hopper, so I think it's different from yours. I may try setting it to classic interface and see if I can find it as you've described. Thanks for replying!

Ahhh, gotcha. We have a hopper as well - there is a point dish option under settings/diagnostics. It doesn't work (says not available) on the Joey's but I think it is active on the hopper itself.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:03 PM   #5

Dish question

Cool. Thanks!
Edit: No luck there on my hopper, but I'll look on the Wally when I get a chance. All I could find before, all I could get was the signal strength meter. No point dish option. [emoji30]
Old 01-31-2017, 10:04 PM   #6

I went ahead and ordered a signal strength meter from Amazon. Didn't really want to go that route, but it was only $8 on Amazon. Just didn't want to have one more piece of gear to carry. Or deal with extra cables. I've got about 50' of coax attached to the dish. Still better than a few hundred on a tailgater. Lol