Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2016, 10:46 AM   #1

DIY or warranty?

Looking for some feedback. I got a 2016 Jayflight 23 MBH. Last weekend we noticed that water, from the shower, was collecting on the inside corner of the tub and leaking from under the tub onto the floor. The trailer was level. Last month we had water run out onto the bathroom floor, the trailer was nose high. Do I take it back to the dealer and fight them and Jayco to inspect the corner of the tub to see if that's the problem, or do I DIY it with caulk to seal it like I would at home? I would like to actually use the trailer instead of having it at the dealer for weeks waiting for possible warranty. Your 2 cents are appreciated.
davisguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #2

DIY or warranty?

Take it to dealer and get the leak documented. If they are too busy to get to it quick, have them (or you) caulk as a temp fix until it can be repaired properly. That's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #3

I chose the diy, since I knew the results if I did it. Had shower door leaking. Removed the whole thing, removed and sealed the plastic rivets, reinstalled shower door my way, not a leak since. Warranty or not, it's a matter if you trust your dealers service or not. Or, how good is their work. I hadn't found a dealer that satisfied my perfectionist ways, therefore I hadn't used one in years and do all my own repairs.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccso2213 View Post
Take it to dealer and get the leak documented. If they are too busy to get to it quick, have them (or you) caulk as a temp fix until it can be repaired properly. That's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2

We had several minor issues on our WH that we just documented and then at the end of the season left the TT as the dealer for as long as they needed it to make the repairs. At that point all I cared about was getting it home before the first snow storm of the season as after that there was no getting it back in the driveway until spring.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote