Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #41

Our trailer is big enough. We plan on leaving it in Az and then buy a smaller trailer for use in the summer when we are at home. Our 330RLTS is to big to fit in a lot of places.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcamom View Post
DH and I are still struggling with what model/size of trailer to buy. We swing back and forth between 21 and 26 feet, mainly landing on models that are around 24 feet. But I worry we are going to small and will regret it later!

This got me to wondering if others out there regret not buying a larger trailer/5th wheel? And why you chose the size/model you have now.
We moved from a pop-up to an 18' TT to our new 2014 Jayco 24 FBS and we love this 27 footer! There are just the 2 of us old farts with occasional grandkids, and it fits our needs perfectly. It tows easy and it parks easily. Wouldn't want a bigger one to haul around. Besides my TV would need to be upgraded if I had a bigger one. I get good gas mileage too! Good luck on your search and you might take a look at the 24 FBS, if you can find one....not too many sit on the lot very long. Hmmm, I wonder why?
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by havnfun View Post
We moved from a pop-up to an 18' TT to our new 2014 Jayco 24 FBS and we love this 27 footer! There are just the 2 of us old farts with occasional grandkids, and it fits our needs perfectly. It tows easy and it parks easily. Wouldn't want a bigger one to haul around. Besides my TV would need to be upgraded if I had a bigger one. I get good gas mileage too! Good luck on your search and you might take a look at the 24 FBS, if you can find one....not too many sit on the lot very long. Hmmm, I wonder why?
LOL, the 24FBS is exactly what we bought!
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelldawg View Post
My views are same as Paulx.

We "camp" 100 nights a year and our "16 footer" TT works well for us.
It is easily-
- stored in back yard
- handled on the road and in city traffic
- parked for a coffee break or a stop at a Dairy Queen
- set up
- makes a U-turn when we are lost
- pulled

The inside is small; has a head, shower, microwave/stove, tv, and comfortable sitting.
We bump into each other when we are walking around and that is ok with us.
I wish we could have been happy with a smaller trailer. Having 3 kids in the 2-6 range makes it a little less bearable when you're stuck inside.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:46 AM   #45

I guess you have noticed that there is an RV flue going around here .. it's called 2 foot itus… lol

Seriously though, I think floor plan is more important than length. Things like counterspace and storage can vary, with some rigs having almost no counter space in a large unit and small units with big kitchens. At the end of the day, walk through them and buy the one that makes your heart sing!

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:57 AM   #46

Our first purchase was an '87 1006 pop up, which is almost as small as you can get. The reasons for picking it were many. My 4cyl S-10 wouldn't pull much more than that. Spending $1000 to see if we liked owning a camper was a lot less than sinking $3000 into something we could soon discover wasn't for us. The 1006 is supposed to sleep 6. We only needed it for 3, maybe 4 at the most. The floor plan seemed better than others, even the bigger models. We liked it enough to go camping more than we ever did before while using a tent or renting a cabin. We soon decided we felt forced to go camping just because we had a camper, so now it's for sale. We probably won't replace it, at least not any time soon, not until I buy a bigger truck. The 1006 served it's purpose. I didn't burn up my little truck, we didn't spend a lot of money for a test, and we got a lot of use out of it. If it sells, good, if it doesn't sell, that's ok too. We'll use it until it sells.