Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #31
Site Team
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
When we stay at private CGs which we do not do often. I'll pull into a full hookup site and dump, to avoid the long line at the dump station
Many CG's don't allow that. I try to plan my departure to either beat the crowd or enjoy my campsite a little longer until it clears out.

We are fortunate to have a county park nearby that allows us to dump there for a $10.fee if not camping.

IMO, ticking off a bunch of tired people waiting on anyone to sanitize their black tank is a recipe for disaster.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #32
Thanks a lot Rusty, that clears up a lot of my questions.

Good call on a full hook-up site for our first run, that will take the rushed feel out of it and let me focus on developing my own procedures.

I'm pretty sure when we looked at the Hummingbirds on the dealer's lot I saw two separate valves and hose connections, one for the black tank and one for the grey. Not ideal because that means I'll have to manually swap the hose to complete the draining, but that's minor I suppose.

I did buy two 5' Camco drain hoses, two 45 degree elbows for the tank connections and a Y-connector yesterday so I can connect the two tanks together and then run my single 15' hose over to the dump connection at the campsites. Also bought the Camco sanitation kit, wrenches, clear extender and donut......I think I've got it all covered.

From all of the past boats that I've owned I get the jist of getting your business done efficiently and being respectful to everyone else waiting. It about drove me crazy when people would sit on the ramp after loading their boat to unload coolers and arrange various items while there was a line of 10 people waiting to get their boats on the trailer......

01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #33
I have worked as a park aide and camp host at Washington state parks. If I see a long line at the dump station I'll inform the folks in the line that next time they can save themselves some time if they go to an empty FHU site and dump there. Everybody generally leaves in the morning and check-in time isn't until 2:30 pm so there's nothing wrong with using an empty FHU site.

2015 Greyhawk 29MV
Honda CRV toad with Blue Ox baseplate
Ready Brute Elite towbar with braking system
Hughes autoformer
TST 507 Flowthru TPMS
hoppers4 is online now   Reply With Quote