Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #1

Eagle HT 30.5MBOK 5er

I was browsing the Jayco website today and noticed this new model, 30.5MBOK, in the Eagle HT 5er list. All it says is "coming soon" and it has no specs or anything else other then the floor plan.
We are looking to upgrade to a 5er in 2017 and this is a perfect floor plan and size for us. I have emailed Jayco to see when they expect some more info to become available but I was wondering if anyone here had found or heard of anything with this new model.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:58 PM   #2

The last time I was shopping for a Jayco was in December of 2014. Sicard RV had all of the 2015 inventory they had ordered posted on their website. There were no pictures, just the build sheet, but I was able to make an offer on one of the 2015's before it arrived. You should check with them if you are in their area, their selection is quite large and they have taken care of warranty repairs well, in my experience.

On another note, the Eagle HT's look great, but be wary of their cargo capacities. I looked at a 29.5BHDS earlier in the year and thought about upgrading, but then looked-up the specs and the cargo capacity (1600#) was smaller than my current Jay Flight 28BHBE (3100#). With our trailer loaded and ready for a trip, we are currently at 1500# which is close to the Eagle HT's cargo capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
I was browsing the Jayco website today and noticed this new model, 30.5MBOK, in the Eagle HT 5er list. All it says is "coming soon" and it has no specs or anything else other then the floor plan.
We are looking to upgrade to a 5er in 2017 and this is a perfect floor plan and size for us. I have emailed Jayco to see when they expect some more info to become available but I was wondering if anyone here had found or heard of anything with this new model.
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #3

hi JayC, let us know when you hear from Jayco - we are interested in that new floor plan - looks like a fantastic cross between the rear living "retirement" layout while still having kids. I've emailed our dealer with no response yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
FiremedicMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:16 AM   #4

Just looked on Jayco website and REALLY like this layout! Anxious to see pictures and specs on it. I was looking at floor plans the other day on the website and didn't even notice it then.

2009 Jayco JayFeather x23B
2007 Ford F250 5.4L 4x4 CCSB
sbpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #5

I just saw this floorplan on the website also. The hallelujah chorus started singing I think! I love the mid bunk floor plans but most are too heavy for a 3/4ton pickup. I bet this one isnt! Needless to say I was very excited to see this. I just came home from looking at 5ers. My wife and I really liked the cougar 326 rds for its storage and floorplan. We have 2 children and thought it would be a great tweener. I looked one over heavily today and quality was low. Also couldn't see the foldout couches lasting very long using them every trip. We currently have a 2014 eagle 314bhds and it's quality is much better than the 2016 cougar 5er imho. I then went and looked at a 2017 jayco eagle ht 29.5bhok right after the cougar. That's when the overall quality difference was apparent. The quality of inside compenants like cabinetry was much better in the jayco. I can't wait to lay eyes on this new one!
15BlueStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #6

My local jayco dealer said they will start making the new floorplan in April 2017 according to the rep they contacted.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #7

All of the specs are now listed for this unit.
familyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:51 AM   #8

30.5mbok

Hi, just saw this thread and we really like this floorplan also. Did any of you pursue this model after it became available?
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #9

We did not. We ended up getting a 324bhts TT. Our dealer had a 30.5 mbok at their show also. It was 3k more than the Tt but it didn't have 50 amp service or hard surface counter tops. We got the TT fully loaded with 50 amp service 2nd AC unit and counter tops, tv in bunk room for kids. More or less decked out. For cheaper. I like the mid bunk rooms a lot. But I like my bed space more and plus I didn't have to buy a new hitch. I say if you like it go for it. Just make sure it has 50 amp service. 2nd AC unit as a minimum then go from there. Also rhe leveling system is a must for a 5er.