Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Are you using any kind of EMS at the power source? The EMS will disconnect the power under certain circumstances and then restore it after a time delay when the circumstance is corrected. A voltage dip is one of the circumstances that will cause this.
This makes sense... The power that remains on appears to be 12v service.
And power that's lost for a few minutes is 110v service.

An issue at the EMS would explain it

Jim & Kim from Colorado

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #12
Site Team
That would be easy enough. My EMS has a indicator panel and should show a trouble code if it shuts power off.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #13
Every camper I have seen the microwave is on its own 20 amp breaker, with no GCF protection. So if all the 120 power dies for 10-15 minutes, I would say it sounds like an issue in the circuit breaker panel. You could pull panel from the cabinet and check all the wire connections, and ensure they are all tight, make sure to do this with the shore power and battery is disconnected. I have heard of loose connections in the panels many times.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #14
My money is on a connection issue, too. If I had to go further in my over-the-internet diagnostic, I'd be looking for a loose neutral somewhere. It could be at a device or in the panel. The heat cycle of the circuit in operation is causing expansion and separation of a contact point, and I'm going to guess it's on the return path rather than the hot side. Just my $0.02. A meter or plug in circuit tester should at least get you started in the right direction by confirming or denying my suspicions.
Ode to the Forum Moderators

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #15
Electrical Problem Solved!!!!! (Duh!)

Ok....so......after much trembling and gnashing of teeth, and after fearing for my family's life, I have solved the electrical mystery. And I feel pretty stupid.

What was happening was, upon firing up the microwave, the power draw from the service increase substantially. For some reason, the power supply was not able to provided the demanded power and therefore for some reason, the power converter panel would shut of the AC power and convert over to the 12V system. This is why the lights only worked.

After surmising what could be the problem, I went out to the back of the trailer and jiggled my SO Chord connector and......voila.......case solved!

Pretty stupid. We have been having some horrendous winds and what not and I guess maybe the connector loosened just enough to reduce the amount of power able to transfer into the trailer and causing a fault which triggered shore power off and 12V power on.

Anyhow, case is solved and have had NO problems. We have even loaded the trailer with three portable heaters and ran the micro, fireplace, and three of four (who needs four TV's to camp!!!???) TVs with no issues.

Thanks for everyone that chimed in...Now you can look for my new post titled.....My Norcold is Nor-Luke-Warm. Help!!!!

Thanks Again

jayco375bhfs-livin is offline   Reply With Quote