Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2015, 06:13 AM   #21

I think you will find out how nice your camping neighbors are... especially if you elect to do the FLASHING SAFETY lights...

I saw one guy that ran a RADIO SHACK Illuminated Rocker Switch from just inside his front door that tied into the junction box where the 7-way cable connects to the trailer lights. This did the same thing that using the short wire across blades 3 and 4 in the truck plug.

Then all he had to do was just turn ON the safety lights from inside the trailer.

I don't know what the current drain is going to be having all those lights on but I imagine that those automotive incandescent lights are at least 1 AMP for each bulb. I would most definitely be plugged into SHORE POWER and let the on-board converter/charger unit keep the trailer battery charged up.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:49 AM   #22

I'm going to try this on my next trip. I like it.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
I don't know what the current drain is going to be having all those lights on but I imagine that those automotive incandescent lights are at least 1 AMP for each bulb. I would most definitely be plugged into SHORE POWER and let the on-board converter/charger unit keep the trailer battery charged up.

Roy Ken
Yes. I made the statement early in this thread that I only light up my marker lights if I'm plugged into shore power. There's at least a dozen incandescent bulbs burning when you light them up, including the tail lights.

But I still maintain I prefer the soft glow of these lights to the glaring, bright white light from the LED awning light strip. That light strip is great if you are eating or playing cards under the awning, but not so much if you want just a little light while sitting by the campfire.

And I definitely would not use the flasher - although it might be a cute trick for a couple hours once a year if I was at one of those private campgrounds that puts on a Halloween event, with door-to-door trick or treating.

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:47 AM   #24

I use a 10amp flat fuse. it works perfect. nice glow. I turn all lights off when we go in for the night.