Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #1

Exterior TV Mount System - Slick!

Picked up our new 2016 White Hawk 27DSRL two days ago. Has an exterior television mount and is prepped for TV in the bed area. Decided to look into getting the same mount to use inside and then could easily move TV back and forth from one location to another. What I learned is that this is much easier said than done sometimes, so I'll share my experience here to help someone in the future. Pic attached.. Made by L&W Engineering and called the KeBloc system, it has a couple of really neat options to hang a table or garbage bag holder off the exterior mount when television is not in use. I tracked them down through a Google search but couldn't find an outlet for purchase, so I called and spoke to Ryan at their facility. He admitted they don't do a very good job on their marketing nor do they make it easy to order online. They have it designed in a way that you actually have to perform a customer setup online and then you can place an order once setup has been processed. Thankfully, Ryan offered me a workaround and we quickly placed an order over the phone. Very friendly and helpful. Reasonably priced, too. I got a tilt and swivel bracket with an 2nd KeBloc mount for $69.57 plus shipping. I'm guessing my dealer would be at least twice that amount and have me waiting for 2 weeks to get it. Check them out at LW Engineering. I'm a very happy camper!

SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:25 PM   #2

I have been wondering for a long time what that was on the exterior of my White Hawk! Good to know thanks!

David & Amy Adkins
2016 White Hawk 28DSBH
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Zeus, Little (the pups)
DJ-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #3

Can I assume that the screws with that mount are adequate in the "mount here" sticker area in the bedroom? Did you have any problems getting the block secured?
JoeHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHawk View Post
Can I assume that the screws with that mount are adequate in the "mount here" sticker area in the bedroom? Did you have any problems getting the block secured?
Mine worked just fine with the provided screws for mounting a KeBloc in the bedroom area although I did opt to pre-drill pilot holes. Just a bit of advice...make sure your TT is level when mounting the Bloc. It may sound like a no-brainier, but my outdoor mount from the factory has just a bit of a tilt to it from what I guess is a failure to level before install.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #5

Would it be just as easy to install a KeBloc on the exterior of your TT? I like your idea of having the same system both inside and out.
GoodOldGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldGus View Post
Would it be just as easy to install a KeBloc on the exterior of your TT? I like your idea of having the same system both inside and out.
No problem at all. I'd contact Jayco for the build drawings and/or a recommendation on where to mount it. Level the TT before mounting the KeBloc and don't forget to run a bead of caulk or silicone around it when done.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #7

Thanks for finding this. We were looking at how to put a TV in our back bunk on our 23B, and we have the mount on the outside, so making it so that one TV could be used in both places was a no brainer...
Retired - 1996 Coleman Cheyenne Pop-Up
johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #8

I have the 2016 Whitehawk 27DSRL as well. It makes perfect sense to install the same tv mount in the bedroom and just move the tv inside or out as you need it. I'm going to save this post for future reference. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #9

I already bought the mount and haven't even taken delivery yet, it was ez to sign up and purchase it, the mount was like $4 and shipping was about $10.
I emailed jayco hoping they would just give me one, they referred me to have my dealership get one, it was easier to spend the $14 from the website
jacko147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #10

Wow this is an awesome find. I have 0 desire to put a tv in my unit and was trying to think of a way i could fab up something for that mount on the outside of my unit.

Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote