Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #1

Extreme Weather Package manual

Does anyone have a manual. For this option? Jayco is not responding and I never got a manual with my Sesimic
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #2

Don't think there is a specific manual for options. All info would be in the owners manual.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #3

Grumpy no info on Extreme Weather Pkg in the owners manual for 2015 Sesimic, thus the request on the forum
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #4

2015 Seismic Standards & Options | Jayco, Inc.

Per the Jayco site -- "Extreme Weather Package"
110V heated holding tank pads, 12V wrapped-heated fresh water line

Is what you are looking for the OEM manual on these two items? Doesn't sound like the package adds more than that. Never priced those items before, but the package list for $742 on the 2015 price list. That does seem rich to me.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #5

The switch says "read manual before use" I ordered this option as well as insulated windows for cold weather. The Sesimic 4212 has 5 tanks, 145 gal potable water, 2 46 gal Grey tanks and 2 46 gal Black. I just noticed that the exposed water line in the big slide is also heated 12 v going to the Fridarie fridge.

Since it was otion I would assume Jayco would send a manual for it?
Old 08-13-2015, 05:51 PM   #6

Loboclone, did a pile of pamphlets and papers come with your Seismic? There may be information in those papers about the individual items that makeup the Extreme Weather Package - something about heated tanks and lines, maybe.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Loboclone, did a pile of pamphlets and papers come with your Seismic? There may be information in those papers about the individual items that makeup the Extreme Weather Package - something about heated tanks and lines, maybe.
Got tons of paper......nothing on Extreme weather package. Very perplexing and have googled myself silly
Old 08-14-2015, 10:39 AM   #8

I would email Jayco (info@jayco.com) to ask if there is such a thing. They're pretty good at replying to emails.

Edit: uh, I guess I should have read your full post. They have been very responsive for my various questions. Sorry.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #9

That is perplexing.

You mentioned Jayco didn't get back to you. Was that an email or phone call? I found that calling the main number got me to a very helpful woman, Judy I believe, that answered questions and sent emails about various questions I had about different options. If you haven't called, I think it would be worth the effort.

I do agree with you, if I had 5 tanks with 120v heating pads on the. I would want to know a little about it. Especially who the OEM is.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:09 AM   #10

Just don't run those pads when the tanks are empty. Other than that, they should be fairly straight forward. There is probably a switch to run the 12v stuff while running down the road, and then you probably have another bank of switches to power up the 120 pads. There is also likely a thermo switch on the 120's like a thermostat.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
Just don't run those pads when the tanks are empty. Other than that, they should be fairly straight forward. There is probably a switch to run the 12v stuff while running down the road, and then you probably have another bank of switches to power up the 120 pads. There is also likely a thermo switch on the 120's like a thermostat.
No switch for the 120v side, I can only assume the whole system is 12V and when you have shore power it goes thru convertor. No thermos switch either.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
I would email Jayco (info@jayco.com) to ask if there is such a thing. They're pretty good at replying to emails.

Edit: uh, I guess I should have read your full post. They have been very responsive for my various questions. Sorry.
Finally got a response...........................
To: service@jayco.com
Subject: RE: Extreme Weather package Seismic 4212

Randy,
I don’t have anything published to send you but from what I’m told your water system needs to full of water before you use the extreme weather or it can cause damage to the water lines where the 12v heaters are installed.

Larry

Larry Brooks
Technical service
Jayco Customer Service
P:800-283-8267
F:866-709-9139
So much for reading the instructions before use as posted on switch?
Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #13

Much to my surprise I got another Jayco response to the question::

Attached you will find the information you requested on the extreme weather package. Thank you for your business. If you have any addition information you need please don't hesitate to let us know.
Thanks,
Brad

Here is the attachment............
With our very popular, and very effective, Climate Shield Insulation package standard on all Jayco Fifth Wheels, and
Eagle Travel Trailers, most climates and weather situations can be comfortably enjoyed. There are, however, some
areas and situations that need some extra help against the elements. That’s where the new EXTREME WEATHER
PACKAGE COMES IN!
110V HOLDING TANK PADS!!!
‐MUCH larger, more effective, and more efficient than competitors smaller 12V pads
12V WRAPPED AND HEATED WATER LINES!!!
‐that extra step that other companies don’t take
Welcome to the UltraHeat family! Your RV is protected with the best de-icing system on the
market . UltraHeat systems are quality built, easy to use and are designed to keep your RV
protected from freezing down to –11˚F or lower contingent on RV setup.
In order for your UltraHeat de-icing system to work properly and provide you with years of
worry free use; it is important to understand how to operate your system. Before powering
on your UltraHeat panels there are two criteria that must be met:
1. The outside temperature must be approaching and maintain freezing
conditions 35˚F (2˚C).
2. There must be liquids present in the tank.
When both conditions are met, simply turn on the appropriate Tank Heater switch and
your UltraHeat system will do the rest. UltraHeat panels will need to be switched “OFF” once
temperatures are above freezing or liquids have been vacated from the tank. * Although
UltraHeat recommends that each tank should be switched independently, your RV’s
manufacturer may have used a different configuration based on their engineer’s design.
Warranty:
Your UltraHeat de-icing panels come with a limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Extended warranties are available through our website at: UltraHeat, Inc. - Home
Maintenance:
Your UltraHeat system does not require regular maintenance but should be checked
periodically for loose wires, damage, etc…
How Do My UltraHeat Panels Work?
Each UltraHeat tank panel has a built-in sensor that monitors the temperature of the liquids
inside the tank. It is designed to cycle the panel “ON” when the liquids drop below 44˚F
(7˚C) and cycle the panel “OFF” once the liquids reach 64˚F (18˚C). By allowing the contents
to cool down, the system can cycle off to conserve energy.
More Information:
More information about your UltraHeat de-icing system can be found by visiting
us on the web: UltraHeat, Inc. - Home in the Frequently Asked Questions section.
You can also view the UltraHeat Owner’s Manual Video online as well.
Accessories / Upgrades:
Additional equipment and upgrades can be purchased for your UltraHeat system by visiting
our Retail Web Store at: UltraHeat, Inc. - Home.
Thanks for being part of the UltraHeat family. Happy Camping and Safe Travels!
Welcome to the UltraHeat family! Your RV is protected with the best de-icing system on the
market . UltraHeat systems are quality built, easy to use and are designed to keep your RV
protected from freezing down to –11˚F or lower contingent on RV setup.
In order for your UltraHeat de-icing system to work properly and provide you with years of
worry free use; it is important to understand how to operate your system. Before powering
on your UltraHeat panels there are two criteria that must be met:
1. The outside temperature must be approaching and maintain freezing
conditions 35˚F (2˚C).
2. There must be liquids present in the tank.
When both conditions are met, simply turn on the appropriate Pipe and Elbow Heater switch
and your UltraHeat system will do the rest. UltraHeat panels will need to be switched “OFF”
once temperatures are above freezing or liquids have been vacated from the tank.
* Although UltraHeat recommends that each tank should be switched independently, your
RV’s manufacturer may have used a different configuration based on their engineer’s design.
Warranty:
Your UltraHeat de-icing panels come with a limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Extended warranties are available through our website at: UltraHeat, Inc. - Home
Maintenance:
Your UltraHeat system does not require regular maintenance but should be checked
periodically for loose wires, damage, etc…
How Do My UltraHeat™ Elbow and Pipe Panels Work?
Your UltraHeat™ pipe and elbow heaters, once powered “on”, are designed to run
continuously. This is due to the low volume of liquid that is stored in the drain lines and also
because this portion of the drain system has the least amount of protection against the
outside elements. Because your Elbow and Pipe heaters run continuously, it is important
that both criteria listed above be met before turning on the system.
More Information:
More information about your UltraHeat de-icing system can be found by visiting
us on the web: UltraHeat, Inc. - Home in the Frequently Asked Questions section.
You can also view the UltraHeat Owner’s Manual Video online as well.
Accessories / Upgrades:
Additional equipment and upgrades can be purchased for your UltraHeat system by visiting
our Retail Web Store at: UltraHeat, Inc. - Home.
Thanks for being part of the UltraHeat family. Happy Camping and Safe Travels!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #14

Mods could you put this with manuals?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzefntcgi2...41%5D.pdf?dl=0
Old 09-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #15

I looked at ultra heAt years ago while modding my old unit. They are nice units. Are these pads installed in the enclosed belly of the jayflights?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #16

Ultra heat used to offer 2-way pads that could run 12vdc and 120vac
Old 11-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #17

Extreme Weather Package - details

Hi All,

I just went through a long and exhausting email back and forth with Jayco service on this and in the process collected a lot of good information. I have a new 2015 314TSBH with all the options - including the extreme weather package.

There is no manual - the package is essentially the Ultraheat tank heating system. There should be a single switch in your rig that will light up when you switch the system on. If it doesn't light up - then there is a very good chance the system isn't wired to power. There should be a silver relay box under the sink - with the Ultraheat heating pads plugged into it. Operating the red switch should switch 110V power to these pads. It should also supply 12V power to the pipe and elbow heaters. The same current that powers the relay also powers the pipe and elbow heaters. You can partially test the system by plugging a night light into one of the outlets. When you turn on the system the nightlight should come on.

I have copies of the instruction sheet and installation guide.

If it doesn't - then your system hasn't been wired into the 12V panel. In my case, I found the (+) lead to the center pole of the extreme heating package power switch was connected to a wire that was just coiled up on the floor behind the electrical panel. (not connected to anything) Adding a 12V 15A fused circuit and hooking it up was pretty easy. After the local dealer essentially told me to pound sand (they don't do warranty work for units they didn't sell) I managed to extract the help I needed from Jayco to get the system online. (either go the extra mile now or replace all my frozen tanks and lines - I think they made the smart choice)

If your system has no power - and you are good with electrical stuff (I am) then it's an easy system to debug.

Cheers, Arthur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Does anyone have a manual. For this option? Jayco is not responding and I never got a manual with my Sesimic
arthurtyde is offline   Reply With Quote