Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #11
Originally Posted by renman View Post
Gettysburg is a nice trip with a fairly good drive. There is a nice State park in KY just past Cincinnati, but I don't recall the name.

Have you tried West Branch State Park yet ? It's our favorite local spot.
Well, that's an interesting story... We decided to visit West Branch for our very first outing in our RV a few years ago. I made the reservations, we packed up Bessie the Rv. I was feeling pretty proud of myself as a brand spankin new newbie. We rolled into West Branch to check in and we didn't have a reservation for that weekend. Yep, I scheduled it for the previous weekend by accident. West Branch was totally booked that weekend. Nooooo! Everyone was so mad at me! Haaa! So we turned tail and headed over to Mosquito Lake, who luckily had lots of open spots. As it turned out, it was a match made in heaven. We've never made it back to West Branch- but we will get there some day. When we aren't at Mosquito Lake, we're usually on the road exploring. In case you haven't seen it, here's my "ode" to Mosquito Lake: http://cuontheroad.net/mosquito-lake-buzzz/

Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:14 PM   #12
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Yup, Corps of Engineers. Man made lake.

I misspoke about Holiday Cove... I meant Buttonwood. They are both right outside of Anna Maria Island which is on the Gulf of Mexico right at the mouth of Tampa Bay.

Holiday Cove is a RESORT that starts around $130 a NIGHT for a spot. We stayed there one year because it was the only place close with an opening. Now... it had a nice pool, have pavers for the parking pad, had a dock on a canal that led to Tampa Bay, etc etc... but my goodness... $130 a night???

We scouted out Buttonwood Inlet RV Park which is actually CLOSER to the water and less than half the price. I love it because its on the Gulf and we usually go in February. We have a 8 week old son, so we decided against a 15 hour drive this year. Next year we are going back though!!! It is about 8 degrees with a wind chill below zero right now where I live outside of DC. My parents are in Anna Maria (they rent a house for the month of February every year) and its 75 degrees today.
Congratulations on the new little one! There's a place for those RV resorts, particularly if they have a nice pool and lots of amenities. I'm more of a state park kind of gal, but I sure do love a hot tub/pool and great activities for my kiddos.

It's my hope to have an extended stay along the gulf coast. Fingers crossed!

Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
snip... Anything that's surrounded by water on three sides is my kind of place.
Then also try Leelanau State Park on the other side of the 'mitten' at the tip of the Leelanau Peninsula, just north of Traverse City.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #14
The park south of Cincy you maybe revering to could be Big Bone State Park.

Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote