Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #1

Fender Not Secure On New White Hawk.

My brother took the 8 hour round trip back to pick up the new 28dsbh last Thursday-Friday. Everything seems to be great about it but I did notice something yesterday. The drivers side black wheel fender is no attached properly. The front is loose while the middle and rear part are fine.

I didn't get a chance to snap a picture but the front 2-3 screw holes on the fender are rather large. It's almost as if it was loose on the way home and the jostling along the road caused the screws to grind down the screw holes in the fender. There is NO WAY to get the supplied screws to hold the fender in place. It looks like a washer, or even a new fender might be needed since the holes are so large.

Yes, the TT is under warranty being it's less then one week old but the local RV places just plain suck. Plain and simple. Our local Jayco dealer refuses to fix Jayco warranty issues. The other RV place where we stored the x17z last year fixed a warranty problem with the x17z last year rather easily, but ever since they've taken a SHARP turn downhill. The latest it the fact that it's taken over a month for them to get a CO detector shipped and replaced. There are other issues with them as well.

So as you can see, the local places are crap. Any suggestions on a fix?

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about the fender problem, the Jayco dealer SHOULD fix it under warranty. I would call Jayco direct to let them know. In the mean time would bolts, washers and nuts be enough to secure it for the time being? I would probably use stainless steel since it is outside of the RV.
paflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #3

The fenders on our Jayfeather are doing the same thing, they are kinda flimsy I noticed. They also flare out quite a bit, not sure if they're supposed to or not...
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote