Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #31
Goood suggestions

I did my first gas fill up yesterday. I am familiar with the Maverik stations in my area so I chose one of their stations on my trip home. Worked out OK. A quick right turn back on the road and to the on ramp.I thought a couple of small independent stations but chickened out. I am going to plan my gas stops as much as possible as I still have not learned to back the trailer and don't want to get stuck.

Stagecoach, NV
NevadaCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #32
What I do is use Google maps in satellite view to look for appropriately sized stations and also to get a heads up on approach and departure options.

LkptRvPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #33
Related to the mobile apps that folks are mentioning...the "Next Exit" app is free to download, but is $14.99/year for a subscription. However, there is another app called "Road Ahead" which is also very good and appears to be free (no subscription required). I've downloaded it and it works. I'm going to try using this one on my big trip. I also love the Google Maps in satellite view idea...I'll definitely use that too. Thanks
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS-"Scamper"
2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Prem. 6 Spd
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #34
To be honest, I have never seen someone unhitch to fuel up. Its just not that hard to plan and execute an easy in / easy out fuel stop. When unhitching you need to remember to chock the wheels, take care to undo WD bars, and jack the tongue to get it off the ball. Backing back into position to rehitch and reversing the above steps. If you can manage entering and leaving a campsite there is no need to fear a fuel stop.

Just follow the suggestions made in this thread, take your time, select the right station, and did I mention TAKE YOUR TIME entering and leaving the station.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote

fill up, gasoline, tow vehicle