Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #1

Floor torn by slide

4th outing scheduled for tomorrow. Extended slide. Screw on bottom (not flush) ripped a gash in my floor. No extra weight was on that slide...yet. This is about the 20th time to open the slide.

Would this be covered under the warranty? Picked up TT in March. How hard would it be to replaced/repair the tear in the soft floor?

Hope this isn't the way our trip is going to go.
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #2

Should be under warranty. On ours, there was a mark in the floor that looked like it came from a screw, but not bad enough to replace. At the same time noticed the table bases were a little loose. Pulled screws out and sure enough, 1" screw, 3/4" floor. Go figure. Apparently they had installed them all the way, gouged the floor, then backed them off opposed to using shorter screws. Replaced the screws with shorter ones and all is well.

I'm not sure how they would repair the tear. I know if mine was torn, I'd rip the whole floor up and go back with my own choice at my expense just to get what I wanted, plus a way better floor, but that's just me. The linoleum is one big sheet under cabinets and all, so any time it's replaced, you have to cut along the perimeter of everything and sometimes use a new shoe type molding on the same once the new is down. All depends on the installer. I've seen some that were done very well, and others not so much.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:24 PM   #3

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...out-25110.html

This is a thread i started same subject,,,
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #4

Its not difficult to repair linoleum. You take a matching piece (can be cut from under sink, or closet etc) larger than the damaged area. It is taped in place, then cut along a grout (or other geometric area) line through both pieces. Once the cut is complete, you remove the damaged piece and insert with adhesive, the new piece. You can then seal the edges with a liquid sealing material made for this purpose. It is done homes all the time....same with carpet.

Good Luck. If you don't want to attempt the repair, anyone carpet/lino install company can do it for you.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote