Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2016, 04:27 PM   #1

Smile Four Point Leveling System

Any one had experience with the four point leveling system Jayco is using on the FWs. I have heard pros and cons on the electrical system but would like to hear from Jayco user of any problems they may have encountered.
R2Pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #2

No real issues with the system leveling the rig, even when it's pretty far off to start with. That said, I now carry a couple of blocks to put under the jacks, especially the rears, as they run out of "throw" pretty quickly.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:39 PM   #3

Leveling System

Thanks Rob I am looking at a new Eagle 321 and I wanted the 6 point system but they only offer the four point on that Fiver. I wasn't sure if the four point would do the job and I had heard that the electrical jacks had some problems vs the hydraulic
R2Pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:19 AM   #4

So far the leveling system on our 321RSTS has worked fine. It's new so I've no idea how reliable it will be long term.
Mindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:34 AM   #5

I have a 323 LKTS with the four-point system. Occasionally I get an "autolevel failed" message. Went on YouTube and found a video on how to correct it. Just lower the front of the FW a couple of inches and then hit Autolevel again. It has worked both times for me. Hopefully, it will continue to work. That is the only problem I have experienced.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:57 AM   #6

I also have the 321RSTS and haven't had any problems with the leveling system and have camped 5 times now. I did do some experimenting in my driveway and here is what I do and has worked for me.

1. I have degree bubbles on my unit and look at side-to-side when I get on the site. Since the manual says to park on a fairly level site I like to get close to level side-to-side. I add 1 lynx block under the low side tires for every degree off and none for less than a degree. For this example let's say the driver's side is 1.5º low so that side gets 1 block under each tire.

2. I drop the front jacks' extensions 4-5" and put 2 lynx blocks under each jack and press "Drop from jacks" on controller.

3. Unhitch and pull truck forward enough to allow front to clear tailgate but keep plugged in. Leave truck running.

4. Put 2 blocks under each of the rear jacks, and if one side has blocks under the tires, add that same amount to the rear jack on same side. In our example driver's rear jack has 3 blocks.

5. Press "Auto Level", grab a beer, and pray!

So for this method has worked for my without any out of stroke errors.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #7

We have the 4 point on our 29.5BHDS HT that we picked up in February. Been out a few times this season and have not had an issue as of yet and we aren't always in level sites.

From reading here, I always put a couple Lynx blocks under the rear jacks. Haven't had a single error. It has made parking and leveling so much easier and stress free. My DW had a tendency to read the level backwards and add blocks under the wrong side, so this auto level system has relieved some tension.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:59 AM   #8

Ours has saved a lot of headaches, time and arguments with the DW as well. I am very happy with the leveling system.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
four point, leveling, leveling jacks, leveling system, lipper