Frustrated and need to vent!
We are prepping for the last two trips we'll be taking in the current PUP. The winch motor broke, and the replacement won't be available until (if we're lucky) two days before we need to leave at 8 a.m. It is too soon to load the pantry and fridge, which we have to do before we load the duffle bags and pertaining-to-this-trip accessories. All we can do right now is pack the duffles and other stuff, and wait to put it in. We don't know what time of day the motor will get in to the dealer, who is 40 min. away, and we're not sure how long it will take to install the new motor. Meantime, it might rain so we have to leave the unit down. (We have a way to crank it by hand, but it's not the way you're supposed to crank it by hand, because that's part of what broke on the motor.)
This would probably not be as frustrating if we weren't on the verge of getting a TT, which will not give us any of these problems. (Yes, we know there will be other problems - but we know the roof-raiser motor won't break.) Two more trips in the PUP and we can unload her completely. The saving grace is that replacing the winch motor will maintain her trade-in value, so we're not worried about that.
The other saving grace is being on this forum so we can vent about the frustration. No doubt many of you have gone through the same thing. People who don't camp don't understand.