Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #1

Ft. Worth RV Show

Heading out tomorrow to just look around. I'll be looking more at accessories than new RVs... having just traded up in August. Should be fun!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #2

Have Fun! I love going to RV shows even when I'm not in the market. I get great ideas for Mods, see new products, and just like to drool at those $500,000 motorhomes :-).

Just don't give them your real e-mail address when you register!!!

I control my own domain (I'm a geek) so I can create temporary e-mail addresses. I always have one address ready as a "throw away" when someone insists I give them an address, or when I need one to enter a contest. That e-mail is setup as a forward to my "real" address so the e-mail's do come to me - but I can shut down that address at any time.

Last time I attended the Camping Show here in Atlanta (run by one of the large show promoters) I used a new throw away address that I had never used anywhere else. That same show company runs "home and garden" shows, car shows, etc.

I only put the temporary e-mail on the registration card when I bought tickets at the door.

Before I even got home from the show I had dozens of junk e-mail's from different home products companies (roof, gutters, window replacement), travel companies (cruises, tours, vacation rentals), and on and on. The pace of junk e-mail continued for weeks until I shut down that temporary e-mail account. All the e-mail's were from different companies - the show promoter sold or provided their e-mail address list to all their exhibitors - not just of the camping show but ALL their shows.

I called the show company office and they vehemently denied selling e-mails. When I explained my temporary e-mail process, they guy actually hung up on me. I filed a formal complain with the FCC under the Federal CAN Spam act, which you can do online, but I doubt it did any good.
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.go...#crnt&panel1-1

Just beware.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #3

No sweat on this show... just paid cash at the door and didn't sign up for any "give-aways". A funny thing happened... I was approached by a couple while I was looking at a '17 Whitehawk. They were asking questions and I was answering them and showing them the trailer. They decided to buy it... so I turned them over to the salesman that I bought mine from... Their sales manager offered me a job... Jokingly I hope... I just retired and I really don't ever want to have to be somewhere again... but alas... jury duty on Monday.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
No sweat on this show... just paid cash at the door and didn't sign up for any "give-aways". A funny thing happened... I was approached by a couple while I was looking at a '17 Whitehawk. They were asking questions and I was answering them and showing them the trailer. They decided to buy it... so I turned them over to the salesman that I bought mine from... Their sales manager offered me a job... Jokingly I hope... I just retired and I really don't ever want to have to be somewhere again... but alas... jury duty on Monday.
Did you happen upon any good accessories at the kiosks? We aren't going to have time this year to attend.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #5

The Seattle Show is next month and that gets me thru the winter blues and come April I'll be outa here.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #6

I looked around at accessories some but there weren't many and I didn't see anything I could use. I don't think you missed much this year.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:08 AM   #7

My experience at RV shows is that the shows are all about new RVs - not accessories. I wish there was an RV accessory show so we could all go see the new stuff.

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:25 AM   #8

We are going to a new RV show held in the suburbs of Chicago next weekend. We have a new trailer on order, we are most interested in accessories and new campgrounds to visit.
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
M&A

We are hitting the Florida RV SuperShow in Tampa, Friday the 20th. It will be our first.
M&A is offline   Reply With Quote