Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #21

Smoky Bear is officially booked. Can't wait to get my first taste of the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Thank you everyone for the advice.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #22

Roy... Have been to Elmont when the Synchronous Fireflies are putting on their show? Saw some youtube videos and looks impressive. May have to put this on my bucket list!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiguy View Post
Smoky Bear is officially booked. Can't wait to get my first taste of the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Thank you everyone for the advice.
Shame. We stayed there last Sept. Great little CG. Like Tgallagher I can't say enough good about them.

Gatlinburg was a hoot. A little bit cheesy, a little bit small town charm, lots of good places to eat that aren't chains, and lots of cool little shops to peruse. If you like to hike, look for a shop called "The Day Hiker". They also had the best t-shirts. One of the most fun things in Gatlinburg is the moonshine tasting. There are at lest 5 places that have free tastings and sell it too. Not the "real thing" but pretty good stuff non-the-less.

We found Pigeon forge to be really cheesy, all tourist trap, mostly chain restaurants. We avoided it our entire week.

Even though Sept is technically off season, if you plan to hike get to the trail head you're looking to hike early, that is no later than 9:00 am. Parking is very limited at most trail heads.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #24

We stayed at the Smokey Mountain Premier RV Resort in June. Excellent all around campground. The owner, Kelly, is top notch and spends a lot of time there (he's the one that guided me into my spot). The bathrooms are phenomenal - there's approximately 15 individual bathrooms half with showers. it's 20 minutes from just about everything. Highly recommend it.