Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #21

Cablerum, first time I started the generator it didn't run very long then shut off and would not restart. Battery showed very low charge on indicator in camper. I jumped the battery from my truck battery and it started. Removed the cables and generator ran for a short time and died again. Thats when I pulled the battery and put it on a charger. Since then the generator has run fine just hasn't supplied power to the a/c or micro. Looking online for info I found the transfer switch between the power cord and the generator. I was headed in that direction till I read thru the posts here again and I'm going to check the gen output first. The only time the a/c and micro work are when the camper is plugged in with the shore power cord. Sorry for being unclear at first and winded in this post.

07 Octane 24z
06 F150 4x4 Supercrew, leveled, bilstein 5100, Firestone airbags
06 F250 4x4 ccsb 6.0L, 4" superlift with bilsteins
h10fsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #22
Lost in the Woods

i think there must be something which lows down the generator or may be its the oil sensor thing. so go the garage or the owner from where you took these generators. they can only help you to find a way out.
drakelouis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #23

It could just be that simple, if there is a transfer switch that you must manually operate when switching from shorepower to generator that may be the only reason for your issue of no AC. I would disconnect the shorepower, run the generator & move the transfer switch to the correct position and re-test. Then if still no go, time to check generator output with a volt meter. Good Luck!
cablerum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #24

Did you check the circuit breaker ozn the generator itself? If that breaker is tripped, you will send no power out, which would also explain why your battery discharged. Everything else you have mentioned runs off 12v power
2006 Yamaha TTR50E (son)
2006 Yamaha PW50 (son)
2003 Honda Recon (mom)
2007 Yamaha Waverunner (all)
***Amsoil lubricants in everything***
Yamaha314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #25

Went out a couple day and started the generator and the auto transfer switch did not transfer so I turned the generator off. Since its hard to tell what position the breaker is in unless you have a mirror I went and flipped the position of the breaker on the generator itself and started generator again. This time the auto transfer switch did transfer and powered the a/c and micro. I know I tried both positions on the same breaker when we were at camp with no joy in either position. I checked it 2x that day and 1 or 2 more times since and it has worked like its supposed to. Right now I'm clueless. Thanks again everybody
Insert banging head against wall smiley here!

07 Octane 24z
06 F150 4x4 Supercrew, leveled, bilstein 5100, Firestone airbags
06 F250 4x4 ccsb 6.0L, 4" superlift with bilsteins
h10fsc is offline   Reply With Quote