Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2016, 12:20 PM   #1

Getting mad at camping world for jayco problems.

I purchased a 2016 jayflight 287bhsw brand new from camping world. When doing the walk around we noticed that the slide did not close right. There was a large enough gap when closed at the end where you could stick your hand in it between the seal and trailer. They told me to take it out on a trip and find all of the problems and bring it back to get them fixed. I had it there 7 days. At day 7 they called saying they were done. When picking it up, I found out that they in fact did not fix it and there was some sort of miscommunication between techs. They said if I left it another day they could fix it. I had reservations the next day at a rv site with my family so they said I could take it and bring it back for a 2nd appointment. I am now on day 4 of the 2nd appointment and it sounds like they are now ordering parts to fix it. They told me a day or so but I’m on day 4 and need it again. I think I am going to have to make a 3rd appointment to get this fixed. This is getting old......

lpasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #2

Maybe it's me but I have never had anything fixed correctly at any Camping World. I now buy online or go to a dealer. There was a time when I really liked Camping World.

JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #3

The sad thing is they are the dealer and they sold me the trailer a little over a month ago brand new. Luckly i have a good friend who is a service manager at a camping world 600 miles from me and he made some calls and now management there is going to make sure i am taken care of. I have to make a 3rd appointment to get it fixed but they are going to fix it. I guess the plus side is i can make a appiontment this fall and they will have it long enough to do my winter storage all winter. lol
lpasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #4

I bought a StarCraft travel trailer last year from Bartow camping world at the Tampa RV show I need a few minor repairs and they kept me in the parking lot for four days. in the morning they would bring the trailer in and at night they would put it back in the parking lot for me to stay in. There wasn't a lot to repair. as I watched, the Tec was working on 4 units at the same time. I got to the point where I just said the ..... with it and left
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:43 PM   #5

We had the same experience at the Spokane Camping World. Service dept lacks, considerably. I've latched onto one person now, and won't deal with anyone but him, so I have a history with him. It's sad it has to be that way. Glad you had someone to mediate for you.

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
navymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:59 PM   #6

My first time in for warranty work it litèraly took three trips and six months to get every thing fixed. Camping world blamed it on Jayco taking a long time to authorize the repairs. Then once they were authorized they had to order parts then they had to wait for them to arrive. Which makes sense and seems logical. However it does not take six months. I took it in originally October 23 and after taking it in 3 times for them I finally picked up the last time March 15. I have no love for camping world. If it was Jayco as the holdup they should have been on the phone daily with them. They say they were sent the wrong parts blah blah blah. They never once called me to keep me updated. The only communication I got was if I called them except to come pick the unit. Earlier this summer my bathroom vent fan broke. Didn't take it in for warranty just replaced it myself to save myself the aggravatiion
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:24 PM   #7

My Jayco was in the shop for three and a half months. The Schwintek slide wasn't working right so I had them repair it at the end of the camping season. It was under warranty still and knew it was going to take time. They replaced the motors twice than the module twice and than Jayco/lippet sent them a who new kit, had them bench test it, and then install it. I was told that when I picked it up the service dept had to pay the bill which was around thirty six hundred dollars because it was more than 90 days when they sent in the invoice for payment. I hadn't purchased my trailer from them either. I have sent a number of friends there to get work done because they do a good job and I can see the frustrations that service depts. deal with parts taking forever to arrive and than being told your stuck with the bill because you never got prior authorization to bill past 90 days.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #8

I and our salesman were told at least 6 times total that our parts for the warranty work were ordered and were just taking a long time. I'd had enough and called the Jayco parts dept in Indiana, and Camping World had just ordered them the day before. 6 weeks after we had the walk-through. If your parts are taking too long, get the number off their website, and call yourself!

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
navymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:36 PM   #9

Sounds like you all have really bad CWs in your area. My Albuquerque, NM CW has taken care of all my warranty work quite well. I would go back if needed as their service department is great. Sorry for all your bad CW experiences but all CW service department are not equal.
Happy RVing,
Jeff
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:54 AM   #10

Wow, I hate to hear all the bad stories about Camping World. I bought my Starcraft from their location in Katy Texas In Jan 2015. I've had it in for a couple of minor warranty items and have pretty much satisfied with the service they have given me. Maybe I'm just lucky.

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 JayFlight Swift 264BH - SOLD!
2013 Skyline Bobcat 162B - SOLD!
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote