Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #1

Good Sam

Anyone a member of a good Sam club chapter .... Experiences???
JaycoKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #2

Got Good Sam membership with the new TT purchase from Camping World.

Only benefit so far has been a recent offer to buy their insurance.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
Got Good Sam membership with the new TT purchase from Camping World.

Only benefit so far has been a recent offer to buy their insurance.
And unless they have changed their MO recently, you will receive may more. I got at least one every week or two. Also other "offers " to buy their sponsored stuff. Got really annoying and I finally called customer service and threatened to cancel my membership if they didn't stop sending me all the mailings. If I didn't respond to the first 10 invites to buy insurance, why would they keep sending me more of the same?? Pretty stupid and not the way a good outfit works. In my opinion, Good Sams club is nothing more than a way for CW to try to sell you stuff.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #4

X2 on the solicitation. Very annoying. BTW, welcome to the forum
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:49 PM   #5

I love Camping World! They saved our butts last year and I'll love them forever. We were traveling cross-country in December and the heater on our prior camper quit working. We called several dealers and repair shops in the area, near and far, to see if we could get this fixed to no avail. My husband knew exactly what needed to be done to fix it, but didn't have the parts nor the tools to do the job. After spending a night in temps near freezing and waking up to 40 degree temps in the camper, we were desperate. We continued on our journey and finally came across a CW in Anthony, NM and they were more than accommodating. They agreed to get us in for service right away (and yes, we are Good Same Members). They ordered parts to be delivered next day, they directed us to a campground near the dealership, this time with electric, we were able to keep warmer with the help of our electric heaters. CW did right by us and got us back on the road with a working heater the next day. Their prices were reasonable and they were very accommodating. Love shopping in their stores as well.
YooperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:08 PM   #6

I am a Good Sam member. I am not a member of a Good Sam chapter, as this is what you are asking. If you want to join a group of RVers in your area, a Good Sam chapter would be a good way of getting to know fellow RVers.

As for the mailings, they are a PITA. I also have Good Sam Roadside Assistance and I wouldn't take a long RV trip without it.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:48 AM   #7

We are Good Sam members and joined a chapter 2 years ago. For us it was a great decision and we have met a great group of new RV friends and enjoy going camping with them 1 weekend a month from March through November. Our group usually goes out for dinner together on Friday night then we get together after to play Dominoes or cards. We have a pot-luck breakfast Saturday morning then have the day to enjoy the area however we like. Saturday night we all bring food to dinner and have a short meeting after. Then cards and games.

For us it has given us a reason to camp more often than we were in years past. Our group has everything from 20 ft TTs to 40ft class A's and everything in between.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #8

I am a Good Sam member and I no longer get their mailings. I simply asked to have them stopped.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #9

If you've ever gone to an RV show and filled out an entry to win a trip or new RV, you can understand what will happen when you join Good Sams. Your mailbox will be full of junk mail in this case from CW and related business promos. Is good sams worth it? Maybe for some, but it is certainly not impressive when they treat you like to this constant bombardment of junk offers. Yes you can get them to stop, but a Member shouldn't have to ask to be treated with respect. Join at your own peril.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #10

We joined after buying our first TT. The membership cost has certainly paid for itself in discounts saved on outfitting and equipping our TT.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCraig View Post
We are Good Sam members and joined a chapter 2 years ago. For us it was a great decision and we have met a great group of new RV friends and enjoy going camping with them 1 weekend a month from March through November. Our group usually goes out for dinner together on Friday night then we get together after to play Dominoes or cards. We have a pot-luck breakfast Saturday morning then have the day to enjoy the area however we like. Saturday night we all bring food to dinner and have a short meeting after. Then cards and games.

For us it has given us a reason to camp more often than we were in years past. Our group has everything from 20 ft TTs to 40ft class A's and everything in between.
CONGRATULATIONS! You are the only person to actually respond to the OP queston.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:15 PM   #12
Site Team

Well it is kinda hard to tell the difference when you are a member of Good Sam Club and a member of a local chapter of the Good Sam Camping club.

I have not joined a local chapter if that is the question but I know many who are members and they have a good time camping and fellow shipping together. The folks I know say that the membership has waned recently, I guess for many reasons.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote