Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #11
Originally Posted by seann45 View Post
when joining there is a tiny little box near the bottom that says "i do not want special mailings with great offers" check that box. I am a life member and never get any junk mail from gs.

2010 Jayco Hybrid EXP21M
2013 Toureg TDI
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #12
Been with GS for the past 5 yrs. the 1st yr or 2 we got flooded with their junk mail. It has gotten better though. The discount at CW is nice but you have to pay attention. Often times you can still find better deals elsewhere. I have found that most Camco items are less $ when purchased at Wallyworld than they are at CW with the GS discount.

'13 Ford F 150, FX4 Off Road, Ecoboost
'15 Jayco Jay Feather X213 BH
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #13
We have bought quite a lot of camping stuff from CW since about 1989. Back then they sold a lot more neat stuff for the average camper, but now they seem to market more towards the higher-end crowd. We still shop there occasionally, but we're at the "already have it" stage. Our local Jayco dealer's prices are usually at, or very close to CW's for the exact same items. Camping World does, however carry a lot of stock on their shelves, and it's fun to go shopping there sometimes. The Good Sam Insurance does save us money, and we can suspend all but the comp with a phone call, get a credit, and reinstate the next spring, without turning in the plate. Can't comment on claims service yet, but it is very convenient to activate.
2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab
1 Spoiled Dog
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #14
Site Team
We are life members and I like to wander around the store. Not much new but it is a way to keep up to date on new technology.

I tend to take pretty care of my belongings so they seldom wear out.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #15
WE have been members for 15 years or more and we like it. they offer a lot.go to there site and read what they are about. WE really like there road side assistance.
Don, Sandy and our girls Ruffie & Patches
2016 27.5 Eagle HT
2001 GMC 8.1 373 B&W 16k patroit
culleokapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #16
I prefer the Good Sam junk mail to what Hillary's campaign keeps sending me. It all makes suitable fire starter.
2016 27BHS Elite
2012 F-150 EcoBoost / Max Tow
bansai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #17
We are life members, and joined shortly after it was started (almost 50 years for us).

It was much better before Camping World got it's hooks in it, but it still has value... yes, the discounts are nice, but the real value to us is the fellowship within the local chapters.

You meet great folks in the local groups, make lifetime friendships, go to Samborees, and travel & camp together.

Great fun with great folks!
The Logan's
2016 Redhawk 26XD
Me, Dear Wife,
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:06 PM   #18

Was a Good Sam member until this year. My membership was automatically paid each yaer so never really thought about it and have finally realized that all this time I've been throwing away money. Never, ever used it! As a Canadian it's a total waste of money unless you spend a lot of time in the U.S.; but with the ridiculous exchange I'll stay in our beautiful wide open country. Camping world is U.S. based only and their prices online with unreal shipping costs are just not worth it. I actually ran into another rv'er at a campground in the U.S. a few years ago. In conversation he said he was on his way up to Canada. Asked me why with such a vast beautiful country like Canada would I be travelling in the U.S. Actually I didn't have an answer...LOL! This isn't about bashing the U.S., because I know there are great places there too; and have numerous friends there; but the more I thought about it, the more I knew he was right.. at least while the exchange rates are high. So as you can see "Good Sam" membership really serves no purpose to me. Just my .02 cents...in CAD..

KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote