Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #1

Thumbs up Grumpy Got It Right!

I've learned so many things in short order in this forum! When I took delivery of my new Redhawk in April, I had a missing window screen, a broken (bent frame) window screen, and a missing rod in the shower. The dealer's General Manager advised that those items would be ordered from Jayco and shipped directly to me.

Since we're leaving in less than one week for Cape Cod and won't return until October, I decided to follow up with Jayco customer service to make sure the items would be delivered soon, and if not, have them forwarded to my summer address. Lo and behold, Jayco has no record of an order for the items! Jayco's customer service rep, Randy West, could not have been any more helpful or nicer. He followed up with the dealer and called me back twice to update me on the status. He will hold off shipment of the items for a couple of weeks, then send them directly to my Cape Cod address. He followed up with a confirming e-mail!

Grumpy has been preaching on this forum that 99% of Jayco customer service issues rest with the dealer. He's correct! Although these are minor issues, Jayco went above and beyond to make it right and make me happy. Should I ever have an issue in the future, I'll know to "trust but verify" anything my dealer tells me about parts being on order, or waiting for the factory.

So, thanks Grumpy and thanks JOF for all the quick education about my Jayco.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #2

Just passing on what my experience has been. Glad you found the same level of service.